confirmed by the city it was blue dye

they drained the pond to clean it
cwqhlagsgred1.jpeg

...the picture is saying that this is a good way to piss off officials. >.<

It would be a cost effective way of idiot proofing it too. Some seem to think its a swimming/wading pool for them and/or their dogs.
I don't think pond blueing dye will stain at dilute concentrations.

I passed through Love Park today on my walk, so I did a quick study of the trees/vegetation for UT. - Photos taken August 10th, 2024:

First the good news, the vast majority of the trees are reasonably healthy. The Willows are going gangbusters.

But there are some lesser achievers:

This was the only total loss, in the York Street Planting Bed:

DSC04362.jpg

In the same bed, this Elm is looking no better than 'Fair'. It's definitely showing signs of stress. Not a goner by any means, but should be monitored and tended.

DSC04359.jpg

Now for a good story......the Willows:

This one has added well more than 3ft this year:

DSC04363.jpg

Back to the York Street planting bed. I previously expressed some concerns about it......... I maintain those. It was reading quite visually dull today, in mid-summer. Only White Hydrangea was blooming:

DSC04360.jpg

As can be seen above, there are also some bare patches and a few weeds, though overall the plant health is good.

But.....there are weeds, and there are weeds:

DSC04361.jpg

Above is an already 5ft plus............. Cottonwood Tree that has seeded itself in to the bed. If they didn't want a Cottonwood here, they may want to remove it rather soon, as it will grow to more than 3 storeys in as little as six years, very fast growing species!

Finally, I checked in on the Wisteria:

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04366.jpg

The plants are somewhere in the 6-7ft off the ground range, looking pretty healthy. Be a few more years before they fully dominate the arbor.

Last edited:

Back