I agree. But I am assuming of course, that if there is a political will and/or need to make the rail deck happen for whatever reason, then it would likely be feasible...as it is most feasible for this project.

I agree. But I am assuming of course, that if there is a political will and/or need to make the rail deck happen for whatever reason, then it would likely be feasible...as it is most feasible for this project.
If you mean "Is the rail deck park technically feasible?" I would say, yes, of course it is. If you are asking if it's financially feasible I would say "no, not really". The Lower Don work will result in additional development in areas that are now not suitable for development so it will bring in more tax money. That's not to say that public $$$ should not be spent on the rail deck park but there is clearly going to be far less FISCAL payback compared to the Lower Don.

Foundations at the site of the future Cherry Street bridges in the Keating Channel. The bridges will be arriving soon via barges from Nova Scotia. Shot from our kayak. The condo towers of Clear Spirit and Gooderham in Toronto's Distillery District, as well as construction cranes in Canary District's Block 8 development can be seen in the background.

20200926_102515.jpg

Last edited:
If you mean "Is the rail deck park technically feasible?" I would say, yes, of course it is. If you are asking if it's financially feasible I would say "no, not really". The Lower Don work will result in additional development in areas that are now not suitable for development so it will bring in more tax money. That's not to say that public $$$ should not be spent on the rail deck park but there is clearly going to be far less FISCAL payback compared to the Lower Don.
I sorta mean both. As it is fairly clear I am comparing surface area here and what they do with it. But I suppose it's depending on what they're are building on top of the rail deck that would define what needs to be done on the bottom end of it. So yeah, it could get expensive. Very... 😅

...but I'll leave the speculating on this to more experienced and wiser minds here. Thanks for your time. /bows

Pier foundations at the site of the future Cherry Street bridges in the Keating Channel. The bridges will be arriving soon via barges from Nova Scotia. Shot from our kayak. The condo towers of Clear Spirit and Gooderham in Toronto's Distillery District, as well as construction cranes in Canary District's Block 8 development can be seen in the background.

View attachment 272227
Idiots already have to deface with their tags...If they are so proud of their tags why don't they have them tattooed on their foreheads.

Well, the only ones that would really notice them is someone taking pics while kayaking...

Pier foundations at the site of the future Cherry Street bridges in the Keating Channel. The bridges will be arriving soon via barges from Nova Scotia. Shot from our kayak. The condo towers of Clear Spirit and Gooderham in Toronto's Distillery District, as well as construction cranes in Canary District's Block 8 development can be seen in the background.

View attachment 272227

Wow, vandalized already. I used to hate CCTV but with so many selfish inconsiderate people around it's almost mandatory. If they had CCTV with face recognition software these a**holes could get prosecuted, fined, thrown in the slammer for a couple weeks.

My disappointment is that I've seen a lot better with Forte ones. Perhaps he or she was on a kayak too...

I think they are really shifting the road over to the west so they can continue to excavate the new river. Then they will move it further so they can keep excavating. There will be a New Cherry Street (and the current Street will end at the new river) from next year and New Cherry will use the new bridges. The first of which arrives in October. Until then it will be a real mess.
They‘re removing old utilities under Cherry Street.

Back