Confirmed to be the bridge by Waterfront Toronto
290007095_10158700259342927_8658949963587719593_n.jpg
Did you use a drone??

I'm assuming Port Lands is going to become mostly condos and mixed use buildings

Only at Newcastle and should be in for Supper

Only at Newcastle and should be in for Supper

What progess ! Evening arrival perhaps ...

I've read and watched so much material about this astonishing transformation, my eyes have crossed and I've forgotten half of what I've read.

Question: despite the latest rendering promise of a twin for both the Cherry Street South bridge (vehicle/pedestrian only I think) and a twin of the Commissioners Street double span bridge (vehicle/pedestrian only I think).... is it a safe bet that those 2 twins are waaay in the distant future (if ever)?

I'm not even sure about the status of any future transit planning underway for the Portlands (requiring the bridge twins).

Anybody? Thanks.

I've read and watched so much material about this astonishing transformation, my eyes have crossed and I've forgotten half of what I've read.

Question: despite the latest rendering promise of a twin for both the Cherry Street South bridge (vehicle/pedestrian only I think) and a twin of the Commissioners Street double span bridge (vehicle/pedestrian only I think).... is it a safe bet that those 2 twins are waaay in the distant future (if ever)?

I'm not even sure about the status of any future transit planning underway for the Portlands (requiring the bridge twins).

Anybody? Thanks.
The Unwin line was removed master plan by the city years ago as it was to far out in the 50 year range.

Twining the Commission Bridge is around 2040-50

No timetable for twining South Cherry bridge and will be based on the timframe when devlopmet takes place.

Broadview Extension is supposed to go to Commissioner St and at a future unknown date to go over the shipping channel

TTC removed the Lake Shore LRT line from the master plan in 2006 as it did not fit their vision

Waterfront Toronto vision starting in 2004 that high order transit was a must from day one while the city and TTC thought buses was the way to go.

The city is talking about high order transit the last few years, but the city is burning down with all these talks. TTC doesn't seem to care at all what happens to transit on the waterfront.

No other transit lines plan at this time other than the Cherry St extension.

The Unwin line was removed master plan by the city years ago as it was to far out in the 50 year range.

Twining the Commission Bridge is around 2040-50

No timetable for twining South Cherry bridge and will be based on the timframe when devlopmet takes place.

Broadview Extension is supposed to go to Commissioner St and at a future unknown date to go over the shipping channel

TTC removed the Lake Shore LRT line from the master plan in 2006 as it did not fit their vision

Waterfront Toronto vision starting in 2004 that high order transit was a must from day one while the city and TTC thought buses was the way to go.

The city is talking about high order transit the last few years, but the city is burning down with all these talks. TTC doesn't seem to care at all what happens to transit on the waterfront.

No other transit lines plan at this time other than the Cherry St extension.

Thanks drum for that (comprehensive!) snapshot... really do appreciate it. :)

Back