Hadn’t realized it was coming today. Really is something to see the collection of bridges and the elevated formation of Cherry st.
0953B161-3C27-4AA5-92F6-B8F7F390C1D0.jpeg
3F83CAAE-70AF-4D81-AF81-0876BCF6D0EB.jpeg
61095600-3787-44EE-B435-946575ADE44A.jpeg

Quick question that I dont think i've seen answered in the last few pages.

What will the "transit" Cherry North bridge be used for before TTC and the City gets their act together and finally builds rails down in order to use it? Because it sounds like besides the Cherry underpass just south of the current loop, I havent seen much concrete planning.

Is there a plan to use it as a bike lane or a pedestrian lane until the streetcars come down?

Quick question that I dont think i've seen answered in the last few pages.

What will the "transit" Cherry North bridge be used for before TTC and the City gets their act together and finally builds rails down in order to use it? Because it sounds like besides the Cherry underpass just south of the current loop, I havent seen much concrete planning.

Is there a plan to use it as a bike lane or a pedestrian lane until the streetcars come down?
As there will be a new cycling section of the 'transit bridge' plus pedestrian sections I guess the LRT part will just remain empty. Why would we need extra bike or pedestrian 'lanes'? BTW, planning IS proceeding on the LRT - an update went to Council about 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:
IIRC the LRT space will initially be occupied by dedicated bus lanes.
The current plan is to lay some test LRT track there (or, more accurately, on the south side of the new bridge) in grass (yes, really) and see how it survives, I suspect they will test it by running buses (the 72 & 172) over it.

It is wonderful to see the second North Cherry bridge installation underway but, it is disappointing that the second Commissioners and South Cherry bridges are not part of this phase of work. I am having trouble understanding how they will be installed in the future without ruining the vegetation that will grow in these areas. Footings and midspan supports haven't been poured in these areas which seems to imply that dewatering will need to happen to complete this work. It seems costly and destructive to delay these bridges. I'm sure this has all been considered but to me, this incredible project will feel incomplete without these stunning bridges.

Back