Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is for the Rogers Land now called Garden City which is just west of Confederation and south of Burnhamthorpe. This site design has since been approved. The city expects an application from the owners any week now...exciting!

I got the PDF and will post more shortly but here are a few to start...
fe437f03-2829-42ea-b78f-4744bb9b8f6d_zpsklrfzhac.jpg

title_zpsh1dtyn9c.png

Untitled_zpskyzkmrq3.png

retail_zps5ir2wt6l.png

acsess_zpsoepfnvcn.png

arc_zpswk9zdum8.png

builds_zpseb5irntt.png

CE_zpsbmmbuj6i.png

Last edited:
Are you saying the zoning is approved? Why are we only hearing about it now?
Yes, this area is part of the city centre and it's designated as a high density zone.The plan was submitted to the city a while back and it was reviewed by the city planners and they liked what they saw similar to Parkside Village. There may be tweaks to the plan but I can tell you that there are pretty excited about what's to come. We will know more once the application gets formally submitted. I'm trying to become buddies with them so I can get some info on this and upcoming projects around town and there are quite a few:)

Zoning isn't approved, the developer probably just held a pre application consultation. Not sure how those urban design guidelines have gone public though, if a formal submission hasn't been reviewed yet.

This likely has official plan permissions, but not zoning. The submission would likely be for rezoning and maybe a site plan for the first phase.

As per below, the lady I spoke with, who works along side/with the city planner who is responsible for this project used the word "approved" for the site plan and zoning (no height restriction in MCC). She said that the application that was forthcoming was for phase 1 (she wasn't 100% sure it was for phase 1 or the entire project). I will know more once I talk to the planner himself. The PDF site plan (38 pages) is available to the public.
site%20plan_zpshffwmhhn.png

Very interesting indeed, although I thought this land was zoned commercial, and not residential?

This is for the Rogers Land now called Garden City which is just west of Confederation and north of Burnhamthorpe. This site design has since been approved. The city expects an application from the owners any week now...exciting!

I got the PDF and will post more shortly but here are a few to start...
I think you meant south of Burnhamthorpe?

Construction has stated on the sales office in the north-east corner of the lot.

I have never seen an application for this site and could before I started doing Urban, but do know the site is approved.

Back