Great overhead views.You can see in the middle of the site between M1/2 and M3, they are replacing the buried creek that runs from Zonta Meadows to John Cleary Park.

I took the following a couple hours ago...I have others but, these will do.
20210430_165422.jpg
20210430_164812.jpg
20210430_165343.jpg
20210430_165911.jpg
20210430_165028.jpg
20210430_164854.jpg

What? Is this for real? Link?

This is terribly sad news - I have enjoyed so many of Jason's great contributions over the years. May he RIP

So awesome to see so many people stepping up to photograph these projects. Thanks so much!

These buildings look so cool from a structural standpoint. Shame the glass lacks the uniqueness of the tower

I was willing to forgive the grey spandrel pending the balcony glass... but I must say now that a significant amount of it has been applied, the outcome is very disappointing.

The colouring of the panels is far too seafoam to give off the effect that was intended - and I genuinely believe that if the balconies hadn't been such seafoam, the sum of all parts would've come together quite nicely despite the light grey spandrel.

With apologies to @bangkok for editing their photo, I threw together a quick example of what 'brighter' balcony glass could've come out as:

1621820093209.png

This shade is not without (plenty) precedent... Exhibit on Bloor, Casa II and III, and Stanley on Church all have similar balcony glass, to name just a few.

I was willing to forgive the grey spandrel pending the balcony glass... but I must say now that a significant amount of it has been applied, the outcome is very disappointing.

The colouring of the panels is far too seafoam to give off the effect that was intended - and I genuinely believe that if the balconies hadn't been such seafoam, the sum of all parts would've come together quite nicely despite the light grey spandrel.

With apologies to @bangkok for editing their photo, I threw together a quick example of what 'brighter' balcony glass could've come out as:

View attachment 322065

This shade is not without (plenty) precedent... Exhibit on Bloor, Casa II and III, and Stanley on Church all have similar balcony glass, to name just a few.
The same glass and even colour is used up the street at Daniel’s Wesley towers. See this Picture
They used white colour on the tower though which could have looked better here.

Back