DJI_0672.JPG
DJI_0682.JPG
DJI_0695.JPG
DJI_0681.JPG
DJI_0725.JPG
DJI_0710.JPG
DJI_0702.JPG

Update Request:
Can someone provide an update on the status of M1 and M2…..What floors are they at now, suites are completed up to what level, windows and balconies up to what level…..etc

Update Request:
Can someone provide an update on the status of M1 and M2…..What floors are they at now, suites are completed up to what level, windows and balconies up to what level…..etc
There is about a three floor differential between the two buildings. On my most recent flight on July 17th I was mainly concentrating on M3 so I only took this image of M1 and M2. .
DJI_0824ce.jpg

Looking at the flight logs for some of my other recent flights (July 3rd) I can tell you I was around 196m when I was roughly floor level. I am not sure how the podium floors are counted so on my next visit I will try and get a good shot of the elevator floor numbers. For some reason they are absurdly small which means I need to get in really close and that may or may not happen depending on the wind.

So we are now pretty well at the top. I flew last night and it was just too windy so it was a short flight. What I can show you is that it appears that they are forming the mechanical penthouse as witnessed by some of the building mechanical equipment that have appeared. I was able to see that the elevator is functional to what is labelled as 52 on the elevator itself. Not sure how they they count floors and such but they are forming level 62 so maybe the numbering is off because of the podium. I did not attempt to get close to the elevator on the south tower since it was just too windy. Some of the shots are not as crisp as they should be as even the gimbal was bouncing around which I haven't experienced before.

DJI_0942.JPG

Nice cameo of Edge Tower in the background in the above shot. Notice the tanks up against the wall to the right of the crane base.

DJI_0944.JPG

The netting in the above shot for the left tower is at floor 52 according to the elevator numbers. Balcony installation work has reached 50.

DJI_0947e.jpg

Forecast not looking good for flying today. :(

So we are now pretty well at the top. I flew last night and it was just too windy so it was a short flight. What I can show you is that it appears that they are forming the mechanical penthouse as witnessed by some of the building mechanical equipment that have appeared. I was able to see that the elevator is functional to what is labelled as 52 on the elevator itself. Not sure how they they count floors and such but they are forming level 62 so maybe the numbering is off because of the podium. I did not attempt to get close to the elevator on the south tower since it was just too windy. Some of the shots are not as crisp as they should be as even the gimbal was bouncing around which I haven't experienced before.

View attachment 415561
Nice cameo of Edge Tower in the background in the above shot. Notice the tanks up against the wall to the right of the crane base.

View attachment 415562
The netting in the above shot for the left tower is at floor 52 according to the elevator numbers. Balcony installation work has reached 50.

View attachment 415563

They are definitely working on the mechanical floor as the wall pattern there is different from the two floors underneath it, presumably residential penthouses, which are slightly different from the rest of the tower.

View attachment 415561

View attachment 415562

View attachment 415563
Great pics, I love that suburban living is getting better in the GTHA

August 9th
So I learned last night that the crane for the south tower was raised sometime after my last flight there on July 31. The north tower crane had always been slightly taller and I would use that to plan my minimum safe altitude when orbiting the buildings. Screen grab from the video is below. I got an unintentional close-up of the south tower crane right below the cab.

1660132051667.png

Mini2 came close enough to the crane that I checked the front props for scrapes.

Anyway, it looks like they were pouring the roof last night as seen in the second shot.
DJI_0403.JPG
DJI_0400.JPG

DJI_0420.JPG

Video of the roof and the close shave:

Great shots as usual. It looks like the end structures at the mechanical floor of M1 are completely enclosed and are water sealing them so I wonder if they are water mass dampers?

Back