Today, the north side of the tower is close to being complete.
CC062F2B-57F2-4B9B-963A-F2970FE59020.jpeg

It's hard to luv but not terrible.... still a very odd choice for an otherwise pretty cool white, curvaceous tower. If this was a backdoor facade (facing other towers) I could live with it. But it's the primary view south down Yonge.

It's hard to luv but not terrible.... still a very odd choice for an otherwise pretty cool white, curvaceous tower. If this was a backdoor facade (facing other towers) I could live with it. But it's the primary view south down Yonge.
It does end up having a slight "two-face" to it, but looking at the last photo there, even if it was a tower that had that dark curtain wall on all sides (with the slight wave to the facade) I'd have been a happy camper. In the end they had a tough situation with the demand of space up against the hospital's airspace.

What’s airspace have to do with the look of a building? Lol
They couldn't wrap the balconies completely around the tower or they would have encroached the hospital's emergency helicopter path. If they had wanted to wrap balconies all around the trade-off would have been a smaller floorplate for units, which in this case they obviously chose not to do.

Edit: Highlighted the boundary here. They're literally abutting it. I suppose they could have had balconies wrap 1/2 of the way around but IMO this was the better treatment (and there were likely a plethora of other reasons that we aren't privy to).

Image Source

Last edited:
Great bands of light but a shame they are not RGB.
The crown lighting photographs well, but in person it looks like that cheap Canadian Tire tube lighting you bought in 2006 to add behind your headboard or TV. Looks tacky and quite cheap. This, the North face and the balcony railings ruin this building for me.

Back