Fantastic renders! Still seems to be something not quite right with the entrance, though....somehow the glass box looks a bit too arbitrary? Maybe it's too modest? Set back too far? Maybe the roof line should be as high as 197 Yonge? Too much space between it and 205 Yonge? Dunno..

just my 2cents...

but the tower is terrific...

The actual railings will be a continuous height, the wavy pattern appears to be an outer skin surrounding each floor.

Quick edit: guess I should've refreshed before replying, a lot has happened since I went to make dinner.

Anybody miss this?

HotelParasucoExt.jpg

Didn't think so.

Oh, neat! I really like it! I even kinda like how the podium is set back to leave the heritage building on its own.

Oooh, this is exciting. A big tower along Toronto's main drag and restoration of at least one of those two neglected historic beauties. The tower itself looks great, and the glassy portion between the two heritage buildings is a very appropriate way to treat that space. Hopefully the quality of cladding will be up to snuff. Something along the lines of the whitish FCP cladding would be nice, although we'll probably just get precast painted concrete. Regardless, a great shot in the arm for the area.

I think this is fairly stunning in every respect. At street level, this render addresses all issues that I had with the first render. The nod to the white Eaton Centre buildings across Yonge really works well. Not to overlook that the theme of this jives with a project that is about to commence north of Dundas, the Ryerson SLC.

So, two historic Yonge buildings get some relevance, and my favourite building in Toronto -- Massey Hall -- will have new life. This project is a godsend in my world. It's my favourite project in Toronto at this time.

Fantastic renders! Still seems to be something not quite right with the entrance, though....somehow the glass box looks a bit too arbitrary? Maybe it's too modest? Set back too far? Maybe the roof line should be as high as 197 Yonge? Too much space between it and 205 Yonge? Dunno..

just my 2cents...

but the tower is terrific...

I agree. That little glass box of retail just does not seem to fit properly with either its neighbour or the huge blank podium behind it.

Back