Some of you saw this video three months ago, but shortly after being posted here it was set to private. Now it's up again:

[video=youtube;Qu8UDjQiAbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu8UDjQiAbg[/video]

Good news. That's awesome sauce. So congrats to you, Massey Tower, on this major accomplishment of being (fully) approved. Good luck with your excavation :p

p.s. The music on The Massey Tower website is the only condo marketing music that I haven't ever immediately turned off.

According to BBH, construction starts in April.

Great news!! My favourite approved building design right now.

When I saw the Massey thread had made it back to the first page, my eyes popped in hope of news. Happy that it was news and not someone saying, "Any news about what's going on with this project?"

:D

closing.jpg

Attachments

• closing.jpg
    closing.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,842
this tower looks good. I hope so this tower does not become a victim of quality.

The sales center has been closed for two weeks now.

Has anyone seen activity on site? I’m itching for this one to get started.

Pit is done and I think the crane is going up on the weekend :)

Not yet!

The first few months will consist of environmental remediation of the heritage building, removal of the significant heritage features from the portion of the building to be demolished for future re-installation (i.e. the circular mosaic floor), and ultimately demolition of the one-storey portion of the structure. Excavation will begin this summer.

um, did they not just restore the entire inside including the mosaic tiles? sware i seen pictures and all near the beginning of this thread. If the tear down the front of this building i will no longer suport toronto arcutecture this things one of a kind here in the core aside from its nieghbour to the right.

Last edited:

Back