B7E675A5-89FB-4DBA-977B-6E7DB40970EE.jpeg

Alright! Let’s gooooo we have a new challenger for worst Entertainment District cladding!

Close race between Peter Adelaide, new entrant Maverick, and front runner Nobu.

Yes those are heating cables, they will be covered with pinned insulation against the concrete. The soffit will be a cold space, cables turn on via thermostat. Not necessarily a "heated floor" above, but there to make sure you dont feel the cold during winter. Here the concrete is what 5-6 feet thick? Cant see much heat or cold migrating up, will keep slab warm tho.
Not a design expert, but maybe this is also to mitigate against icicle formation? I am an expert in defending against personal injury lawsuits, and a giant icicle falling off a building could easily cause one...

Despite my "green glass whine" avatar (created during the ancient avalanche of green condos)... if the tint on Maverick's glass is actually green as suggested above... I say bring it on.

A welcome (if now ironic) interruption in the grey/blue not-entertained district.

Neat! But they could have created this effect with less busy curtain walls if the devs didn't hold back on the expenses for the materials here.

A bit early to pass any sort of final judgement on the cladding, but it’s looking like 5.5 or 6/10 to me. Better than Nobu and Peter and Adelaide, but those are low, low bars to clear. Never a fan of green glass, but there is certain crispness that might come to life here. Overall, not too excited.

Back