waterloowarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
There are about eight things wrong with this site plan. To start: Big wide streets and a cul-de-sac?

Midland.jpg

Last edited:
There are about eight things wrong with this site plan. To start: Big wide streets, lined by driveways, and a cul-de-sac?

View attachment 217525

second: townhouses?

Also, the roads here are actually quite narrow. 16.5m right of ways are very small, much smaller than most downtown residential streets.

Most of the units are rear laneway access, only a few aren't. That northern part along Norbury Crescent needs a bit of work in terms of layout, but I imagine it was done that way to "transition" densities to that of the neighbourhoods to the north with larger lots (which is bullsh*t, but why it was done). I would turn that Cul-De-Sac into a direct road connection onto Norbury and switch all the detached and semi lots to towns. Could probably eke out an extra 15-20 units by converting them all to towns and you could also eliminate all front facing driveways.

I don't hate the layout. If it's going to be townhouses, this is pretty good. I just think this should be stacks at the minimum, if not lowrise apartments. This is walking distance to a SmartTrack station.

Last edited:
Connecting "Street A" to Norbury should be a no-brainer. The Brockley extension would also be a really smart place to try a woonerf. That's going to be a main access for a thousand kids walking in/out of the school to catch the 57.

And the ship has sailed, but it would have made more sense to put the new athletics field to the north of the school, and then connected Rushley through to Brockley

I don't hate the layout. If it's going to be townhouses, this is pretty good. I just think this should be stacks at the minimum, if not lowrise apartments. This is walking distance to a SmartTrack station.
With the return of the three-stop subway extension, this station is probably dead.

Back