Loving the concrete slab clading on this building already ! It's going to look awesome when it's completed !

Loving the concrete slab clading on this building already ! It's going to look awesome when it's completed !
You are correct. Having witnessed the awe-inspiring sight of the Regal Cladding, I had my mind completely overturned. This building is going to be a masterpiece of architectural perfection! The luscious yet subtle shade or the rosé concrete pillars of Mirabella will be second only to the opulence of a Cotê d'Azur sunrise. The vivaciously effervescent magnificence of the two towers will evoke screams of joy from children and tears of gratitude from the innocent bystanders. When completed, this building will unapologetically live up to its name Mirabella (from Spanish "mira" - look, and "bella" - beautiful). The majestic presence of these eloquent towers in the skyline will only be magnified by all the thoughtful chips and cracks found on its consummate exterior finishes.

This looks horrible and the fact that it is right on the waterfront and will not be blocked out by other buildings, only makes this more egregious. I hate that the city (or province) allows buildings this ugly to go up! I wish more people cared about architecture and beautiful buildings and forced politicians to care, by kicking their asses out of office for ruing our cities. This building is totally unacceptable!

This looks horrible and the fact that it is right on the waterfront and will not be blocked out by other buildings, only makes this more egregious. I hate that the city (or province) allows buildings this ugly to go up! I wish more people cared about architecture and beautiful buildings and forced politicians to care, by kicking their asses out of office for ruing our cities. This building is totally unacceptable!
If you think this is bad, just wait until a whaling pile of junk across the street to the west will be constructed. Get your popcorn ready for that one in a couple years.

If you think this is bad, just wait until a whaling pile of junk across the street to the west will be constructed. Get your popcorn ready for that one in a couple years.
Ugh? lol...i actually think that development will add a breath of fresh air compared to whats built and being built down there

Hey ill take a pad in that circular building overlooking Sunnyside Beach/Lake Ontario anytime over that garbage @ Harbourfront downtown

lakeshore.jpeg

Last edited:
You think this development is bad ? It's already blowing away the all glass building next door with some precast on the podium . By using nice precast slab to the top that is rare and expensive in this city nowadays. Now that the all glass facades rules. And they have the nerve to still charge a half a million for a small condo unit . That doesn't even have solid exterior wall !

Last edited:
Ugh? lol...i actually think that development will add a breath of fresh air compared to whats built and being built down there

Hey ill take a pad in that circular building overlooking Sunnyside Beach/Lake Ontario anytime over that garbage @ Harbourfront downtown

View attachment 284697
With the proponents involved, what you see is certainly what you will NOT be seeing. It will be horrific.

This isn't the first time that we've seen chipped precast go up, so I am curious if anyone reading knows, does a contractor normally simply apply a fine cement mixture to the rough bits once everything's up to smooth them out? We all pay less attention to buildings around the time that they're done, and I'm not sure if anyone has gone back to make before and after comparisons where we know there were issues.

This isn't the first time that we've seen chipped precast go up, so I am curious if anyone reading knows, does a contractor normally simply apply a fine cement mixture to the rough bits once everything's up to smooth them out? We all pay less attention to buildings around the time that they're done, and I'm not sure if anyone has gone back to make before and after comparisons where we know there were issues.

Well it does give a rustic, worn feeling to it... >.>

I used to be excited for this building simply for the retail space as it's really needed in the area and i think a small cafe can be supported by the surrounding buildings and people using the lake shore. I think someone mentioned that they cut the retail space in half or something like that. Is that true and if so how much square footage of retail is designated for this building? The website doesn't even mention retail anymore.

Back