I used to be excited for this building simply for the retail space as it's really needed in the area and i think a small cafe can be supported by the surrounding buildings and people using the lake shore. I think someone mentioned that they cut the retail space in half or something like that. Is that true and if so how much square footage of retail is designated for this building? The website doesn't even mention retail anymore.
There's a 315 m² space coming to the southwest corner of the project, at the Lake Shore and Windermere corner. It remains to be seen how many retailers split that space, or if it goes as one.

Thank you for the comments on Mirabella. Mirabella is a LEED Candidate targeting LEED Gold and is a Toronto Green Standards Development V2 Tier II development. There will also be a large scale Public Art installation on the project in 2021. Some misinformation has been posted about the project and so we take this opportunity to correct the misinformation. Precast is a high-quality exterior material. It provides a very durable finish and the fact that each panel is custom made in an indoor-controlled environment ensures that the final product is high quality in both finish and dimension. Due to the smooth concrete surface of these precast concrete panels, it is not uncommon for small chips to occur during the installation process. PCL Construction, our Construction Manager with an excellent reputation, has a Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/AQ) program that identifies each one of these issues and catalogues each one. During the later stages of the project, when crane hoisting of materials is completed, the concrete panels are finished by hand.

Diamante and PCL Construction are committed to using high quality assemblies and materials in our developments. Diamante projects are known as higher quality projects not only by clients but our peers and the trades and suppliers. We wanted to correct the record regarding any misinformation displayed on the Urban Toronto thread that inaccurately portrays the construction process at the Mirabella Condominiums.

I have a confession to make. I'm obsessed with this building as of late. Ever since they started to put up the regal cladding, I can't help but stop and gaze at it in utter amazement every time I pass by...
Here are some more shots of the royal treatment Toronto waterfront is getting:

View attachment 284962

View attachment 284963

View attachment 284964

View attachment 284965

Thank you for the comments on Mirabella. Mirabella is a LEED Candidate targeting LEED Gold and is a Toronto Green Standards Development V2 Tier II development. There will also be a large scale Public Art installation on the project in 2021. Some misinformation has been posted about the project and so we take this opportunity to correct the misinformation. Precast is a high-quality exterior material. It provides a very durable finish and the fact that each panel is custom made in an indoor-controlled environment ensures that the final product is high quality in both finish and dimension. Due to the smooth concrete surface of these precast concrete panels, it is not uncommon for small chips to occur during the installation process. PCL Construction, our Construction Manager with an excellent reputation, has a Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/AQ) program that identifies each one of these issues and catalogues each one. During the later stages of the project, when crane hoisting of materials is completed, the concrete panels are finished by hand.

Diamante and PCL Construction are committed to using high quality assemblies and materials in our developments. Diamante projects are known as higher quality projects not only by clients but our peers and the trades and suppliers. We wanted to correct the record regarding any misinformation displayed on the Urban Toronto thread that inaccurately portrays the construction process at the Mirabella Condominiums.
Well, this is certainly the first time for me when a developer went out of their way to dispute my posts. I'm not sure how posting photo evidence of chips and other imperfections in the precast panels constitutes as "misinformation". Nevertheless, thank you for clarifying that these issues should be fixed in the future. This thread will be updated with photos of fixed precast panels once that happens.

Throughout this thread there have been subjective comments about the quality of the design which I am sure your principals disagree with, but as subjective comments, they are not misinformation, but opinions that are out of line with their views.

Photographic evidence being categorized as "misinformation", unless you have some proof of it being doctored, is highly unfortunate. It is disheartening to see objective evidence categorized as "inaccurate" or "misinformation", particularly in an age where objective truth is under attack.

Your explanation of how the chips in the precast, which are not misinformation but an actual condition that presently exists, will be fixed, I did find quite helpful.

If there is actual misinformation in this thread aside from the issues discussed in this post, I would be grateful if it could be brought to my (and all readers') attention, with specificity.

...it's misinformation because it doesn't agree with their narrative take on reality. /sigh

Nov 19
50665584448_d3946f8d5b_b.jpg

50665585613_ff5d78b1ce_b.jpg

50666332316_58fedf7aa2_b.jpg

50666332586_4fc0553811_b.jpg

50666332716_a9d37cb091_b.jpg

50666332851_8d6047da46_b.jpg

50665586483_e3e1789f2c_b.jpg

50666333346_f05140b660_b.jpg

50665319598_92f5057fce_b.jpg

50665319468_d3252ed319_b.jpg

Man...what a hulking bunker. I recall being shocked by this at night weeks ago when I was walking by the boardwalk...this is no iron giant. I'm sure this will be a snoozer to most who pass by...whether jogging on the boardwalk or commuting to work...though I'm impressed...this will be one of the bigger mostly residential complexes built in recent memory. I wonder how this compares to MLS or will compare with Canada House...this may be the most obvious example of these new big boned two tower complexes, strictly due to it's visibility from the lake.

It's too bad the view looking west to east on the Humber Bay Arch bridge have been permanently ruined. At least we still have the views looking east to west.

I know that many people here prefer narrow buildings, but to be honest I dislike skylines that contain only buildings sticking out like needles. On the other hand, this is (or should be) a prime location, and it should deserve better architecture. Also, I'm skeptical about how this massive podium/garage will look.

Regardless, I'm still excited about this project. Looks like materials will be decent, maybe that public art will be interesting, there will finally be some commercial space (although 315m2 is definitely not a lot) and maybe once this and other projects are completed, in this neighborhood and those to the West, there will be a better case for better public transit to Downtown.

Today's development. Came via email

90748710-0749-4802-9263-fd9c521ea018.jpg
A SPECIAL
ANNOUNCEMENT

A new terrace area exclusive to Mirabella residents
8a842228-41b9-4ca2-84a8-e490a68ffc43.jpg
We are very excited to announce that we have created a new, West Terrace, a place to enjoy the outdoors with your family and friends.

The West Terrace adds another 5,700 sq.ft. of additional outdoor amenity space, offering even more space for residents to relax with nature and enjoy the spectacular views of the Lake and Park.

Located on the 7th level and accessible by residents of both towers, the West Terrace offers a peaceful space framed by lush greenery and awe-inspiring views. Read a book around the trees, relax with your friends and family in our comfortable lounge seating, and enjoy the incredible views of High Park and Lake Ontario - all on the West Terrace.
ded05c2d-f1d0-4d8a-9ed1-a0bba66fc051.jpg
5f75c5d1-5d96-4758-bffb-73933285f869.jpg
With 20,000 sq.ft. of indoor amenities (10,000 sq.ft. exclusive to each tower), and now almost 18,000 sq.ft. of shared outdoor amenities, Mirabella delivers beyond what is required for indoor and outdoor amenity spaces by the City of Toronto.

Outdoor Amenity Spaces
In addition to the new West Terrace, Mirabella has a Central Outdoor Terrace on the 10th level available to all suite owners and their guests. The Central Terrace contains gardens, planters, lounge style seating, BBQs, outdoor dining areas, a water-feature and a spectacular view of the Lake.

Indoor Amenity Spaces
Each tower has its own exclusive array of social, wellness and recreational indoor amenities, including an indoor pool, saunas, a fully-furnished party room with a full kitchen and dining room, a fitness centre, a library, a yoga studio, a business centre and a children’s play area. Most of these amenities either have a clear view of the Lake or the Park. There are also two fully-furnished guest suites per building, 24-hour concierge service, and a dog wash room at the ground level.

Click HERE for a closer look at all of the amenities Mirabella has to offer.
98d00916-55dc-43e9-9c87-911d3971379b.jpg
You may not know that our project is currently registered under LEED® and is targeting LEED® Gold certification. We have also qualified for Toronto Green Standard v2 Tier 2. Achieving both of these certifications has required us to implement numerous environmental initiatives in order to optimize energy performance and to minimize our environmental footprint well beyond what is a standard.
We are providing 28 trees, with the ability to grow to full size due to soil volumes being provided in line with Toronto Green Standards Tier 2 requirements, high capacity planters with native/adapted vegetation, terrace paving materials with high solar reflectance and over 18,000 sq.ft. of outdoor amenity space.

We are thrilled to have added outdoor exclusive amenity space to your beautiful new home.

Sincerely,

Mirabella Condominiums

Back