It is not uncommon for an UrbanToronto forum dweller to come under attack for posting their opinions. Opinions are just like butt-holes: we all have them, but no two are exactly alike.

It is much less common for a UT forum member to come under attack for posting photos though. And it is certainly almost unheard of for a UT forum member to come under attack and be accused of slander by the developer for posting photos of their construction site.

This is exactly what happened to me on an otherwise peaceful November day in 2020. It was on that fateful day that Mirabella Dev Corp created a UT forum account in order to post a singular message that would accuse me of slander:
1702565713353.png

The issue that Mirabella Dev Corp had with me stemmed from me documenting the condition of the precast concrete panels being installed on the ground levels of the podium at the time. Watching the state in which these panels were being installed was so emotionally overwhelming, the awe and humility it evoked was best described by the venerable Mr. 42 himself:
The regal cladding being applied

So when I documented some imperfections with The Regal Cladding in my post, Mirabella Dev Corp took issue with that. They accused me of:
Some misinformation has been posted about the project
...and again...
misinformation displayed on the Urban Toronto thread that inaccurately portrays the construction process at the Mirabella Condominiums

They didn't like how my photos "inaccurately portrayed" the royal treatment our waterfront was receiving from Mirabella Dev Corp. And here is why:
Precast is a high-quality exterior material.
the final product is high quality in both finish and dimension
it is not uncommon for small chips to occur during the installation process.
program that identifies each one of these issues and catalogues each one
During the later stages of the project ... the concrete panels are finished by hand

So there it was - a wait until it's finished plea and a promise to fix all of the chips in the precast panels.
Being the alleged slanderous no-goodnik that I am, I made this promise to Mirabella that day:
This thread will be updated with photos of fixed precast panels once that happens

I bid my time, I bit my tongue, I and never raised the subject of The Regal Cladding again... until today.
I have waited until this project was well and truly finished. And then I have waited some more. But I'm here today - as Mirabella Dev Corp elegantly put it - to "correct the record regarding any misinformation" posted in this thread about myself and about the subject of fixing The Regal Cladding.

So let's take a closer look at the "hand finish" these "high quality in both finish and dimension" precast concrete panels received.

1702570450943.png

1702570797387-png.527198

And a couple more for which, sadly, I do not have the 'befores'
1702571382517.png

1702571414806.png

Not sure how much thought and effort (if any) went into matching the colour of the "hand finish" plaster to the colour of the precast panels, but hey, we were only promised "high quality in both finish and dimension", not the colour. So I will give Mirabella a pass on that.

What I will not give them a pass on is the fact that all of the above 'after' pictures are from the panels facing the prominent sides of the building and close to the ground level. An innocent bystander would only have to look up beyond the first couple of floors. There they would discover that the state of the cladding is as Regal as the day if was first applied. Pictures taken December 14, 2023:

1702571954426.png

1702572039383.png

1702572140171.png

1702572315032.png

I don't know about you, but to me all of these small chips sure look like the
small chips
that Mirabella Dev Corp promised to fix

And here is my personal favorite - the corner of Windermere and Gardiner at the ground level:
1702572846201.png

It is at this point that I would like to ask @Mirabellacorp to apologise. No, I don't want them to apologise to me for baselessly accusing me of spreading misinformation about their project. I'll be fine. What I would like @Mirabellacorp to do is apologise to the people of Toronto for what was built on their waterfront. I would like @Mirabellacorp to review their "Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/AQ) program that identifies each one of these issues" - clearly it's not working. I would also like @Mirabellacorp to improve its quality standards, because currently they are not even on the level of mediocrity, they are non-existent.

And please! With your indifferent that'll do attitude towards your projects, please don't try to sell them as
higher quality projects
They are not.

I rest my case.

Attachments

• 1702570797387.png
    1702570797387.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 1702571385937.png
    1702571385937.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 11
It is not uncommon for an UrbanToronto forum dweller to come under attack for posting their opinions. Opinions are just like butt-holes: we all have them, but no two are exactly alike.

It is much less common for a UT forum member to come under attack for posting photos though. And it is certainly almost unheard of for a UT forum member to come under attack and be accused of slander by the developer for posting photos of their construction site.

This is exactly what happened to me on an otherwise peaceful November day in 2020. It was on that fateful day that Mirabella Dev Corp created a UT forum account in order to post a singular message that would accuse me of slander:
View attachment 527181

The issue that Mirabella Dev Corp had with me stemmed from me documenting the condition of the precast concrete panels being installed on the ground levels of the podium at the time. Watching the state in which these panels were being installed was so emotionally overwhelming, the awe and humility it evoked was best described by the venerable Mr. 42 himself:

So when I documented some imperfections with The Regal Cladding in my post, Mirabella Dev Corp took issue with that. They accused me of:

...and again...

They didn't like how my photos "inaccurately portrayed" the royal treatment our waterfront was receiving from Mirabella Dev Corp. And here is why:

So there it was - a wait until it's finished plea and a promise to fix all of the chips in the precast panels.
Being the alleged slanderous no-goodnik that I am, I made this promise to Mirabella that day:

I bid my time, I bit my tongue, I and never raised the subject of The Regal Cladding again... until today.
I have waited until this project was well and truly finished. And then I have waited some more. But I'm here today - as Mirabella Dev Corp elegantly put it - to "correct the record regarding any misinformation" posted in this thread about myself and about the subject of fixing The Regal Cladding.

So let's take a closer look at the "hand finish" these "high quality in both finish and dimension" precast concrete panels received.

View attachment 527197

1702570797387-png.527198

View attachment 527207
View attachment 527209

Not sure how much thought and effort (if any) went into matching the colour of the "hand finish" plaster to the colour of the precast panels, but hey, we were only promised "high quality in both finish and dimension", not the colour. So I will give Mirabella a pass on that.

What I will not give them a pass on is the fact that all of the above 'after' pictures are from the panels facing the prominent sides of the building and close to the ground level. An innocent bystander would only have to look up beyond the first couple of floors. There they would discover that the state of the cladding is as Regal as the day if was first applied. Pictures taken December 14, 2023:

View attachment 527212

View attachment 527213

View attachment 527214

View attachment 527215

And here is my personal favorite - the corner of Windermere and Gardiner at the ground level:
View attachment 527219

It is at this point that I would like to ask @Mirabellacorp to apologise. No, I don't want them to apologise to me for baselessly accusing me of spreading misinformation about their project. I'll be fine. What I would like @Mirabellacorp to do is apologise to the people of Toronto for what was built on their waterfront. I would like @Mirabellacorp to review their "Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/AQ) program that identifies each one of these issues" - clearly it's not working. I would also like @Mirabellacorp to improve its quality standards, because currently they are not even on the level of mediocrity, they are non-existent.

And please! With your indifferent that'll do attitude towards your projects, please don't try to sell them as

They are not.

I rest my case.
And that's what I call, a mic drop.

View attachment 527181

...and again...

View attachment 527197

1702570797387-png.527198

View attachment 527207
View attachment 527209

View attachment 527212

View attachment 527213

View attachment 527214

View attachment 527215

View attachment 527219

They are not.

I rest my case.

Top notch post and photos.

View attachment 527181

...and again...

View attachment 527197

1702570797387-png.527198

View attachment 527207
View attachment 527209

View attachment 527212

View attachment 527213

View attachment 527214

View attachment 527215

View attachment 527219

They are not.

I rest my case.
Hear, hear! <3

I bid my time, I bit my tongue, I and never raised the subject of The Regal Cladding again

Oh man, you know what they say about the truly vindictive having a saint's patience.

slanderous no-goodnik
This is amazing.

As for Mirabella, imagine being the poor marketing sod whose manager forced him to create an account to respond to ✿༺ 𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 ༻✿

Taken 3 March. I actually don’t know but I imagine some of these residents walk over to the ‘stuff’ to the west. Though there is retail here the only occupant is a soon to be opened dentist. Seeing how busy the waterfront promenade is I hope that a café will pop up soon!

IMG_7944.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

Back