The cladding on this is really underwhelming: the precast looks passable in person, but the windows are just extremely dull and fade into blandness. A darker and sharper shade of black would've done wonders here.

Oh well whats new, another bland tower for HBS. At least there's some colour variation here I guess.

The cladding on this is really underwhelming: the precast looks passable in person, but the windows are just extremely dull and fade into blandness. A darker and sharper shade of black would've done wonders here.

Oh well whats new, another bland tower for HBS. At least there's some colour variation here I guess.
I prefer the darker brown over anything related to grey regardless how dark and contrasting it is...as we've already got an over abundance of that in this city, IMO. But I guess we're debating something to which the bar hasn't been placed very high, to put it politely. /sigh

Today from the misspelled Hyde Park:

60D40411-A3A1-4674-A39E-B7AD94D637A1.jpeg

I found some new details about the public art display on the northern facade in this new paid content story from the National Post.

"Motion in Air, a stunning piece of public art by Jennifer Macklem, will adorn the northern facade of the podium that connects Mirabella’s two towers, overlooking the Gardiner Expressway. This striking depiction of Toronto’s ecology is a gateway project aimed at sparking curiosity about specific details of the natural world and is inspired by the concept of Environmental Optimism 'This artwork has the potential to be a feature of Toronto’s public art presence, as it will be seen by all who drive in and out of the city on the Gardiner — estimated at over 150,000 people per day,' said Federbush."

“The artwork will be applied to high quality and recyclable aluminum panels, increasing the quality of the exterior facade material while simultaneously being a sustainable solution.”

https://nationalpost.com/life/homes...do-community-exceeds-sustainability-standards

View attachment 314604
this art piece is a positive development. should provide nice visuals from High Park/Grenadier Pond too.

Mirabella seeks minor variance to convert some of the space currently designed and allocated for visitor parking into resident parking and residential locker space. Application proposes to reduce the visitor parking supply to 86 spaces (a reduction of 22 spaces) in comparison to the current minimum bylaw requirement of 108 spaces. I've tried to attach the study submitted to the city (PDF). You can also see it by searching "1926 Lake Shore" at this site: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do > then click "Application Details" and expand "Supporting Documentation"

Attachments

• PLN-CA Study_Report - MAY 17 2021.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Back