unimaginative2

Member Bio
Reaction score
From release:

The Trillium Health Centre project involves construction of a new seven-storey west wing at Trillium Health Centre - Mississauga and renovations to Trillium Health Centre – West Toronto.

The new Trillium Health Centre - Mississauga west wing will accommodate expanded cardiac surgery, cardiac catheterization, cardiovascular intensive care, medical care, intensive care and coronary beds, as well as diagnostic and support services. The project will mean redeveloped and modernized space for 135 beds.

At Trillium Health Centre – West Toronto, renovations will create new ambulatory care facilities, and expand urgent care and cancer detection and treatment services. The project will provide a new cancer detection and treatment facility, replacing the temporary facilities currently located at Trillium Health Centre - Mississauga. A healing garden will also be added to the site.

New construction will add 196,004 sq. feet, while 86,156 sq. feet will be renovated, resulting in 282,160 sq. ft. of total redeveloped space.

Renderings:

trillium.jpg

trillium2.jpg

The province has provided $5 million dollars to look at the expansion of Mississauga Trillium Health Centre of 1 million Sq feet, if not more

…so expansions would occur at all three of their sites; Queensway in Etobicoke (across from Sherway Gardens), Mississauga Hospital in Cooksville, and Credit Valley Hospital in Erin Mills. 955 new beds total.

Trillium is now 3 locations. They took over Credit Valley.

Isn't it still called Credit Valley? I was just there a couple of weeks ago and it was still Credit Valley. It's just part of the Trillium group.

The press release cleared it up though. It's all 3 sites.

Isn't it still called Credit Valley? I was just there a couple of weeks ago and it was still Credit Valley. It's just part of the Trillium group.

The press release cleared it up though. It's all 3 sites.
It is still called that. From their About Us page:

"Trillium Health Partners is a leading hospital with an outstanding record of performance, fiscal responsibility and quality patient care. The hospital encompasses three main sites – Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre – offering the full range of acute care hospital services, as well as a variety of community-based, specialized programs."

If we ever get any action on Mississauga Hospital expansions again, that can go in this thread, but upcoming expansion at the Credit Valley Hospital can go in another thread here, and for the Queensway site in Etobicoke, that can go in another thread here.

right on the Hurontario LRT too, which seems to be a rare thing for new hospitals to be actually transit accessible these days.

Nothing short of moving the hospital elsewhere would have changed that - and the preliminary massing does not suggest any specific design moves that accounts for the new LRT either - it might be proximate, but not necessarily well-integrated (i.e. the current situation with MiWay Route 19).

AoD

Last edited:
This is very exciting and is great to see. With all of the densification going on in this part of the 905, this was inevitable. It's also neat that all three campuses could eventually be on transit lines in the future, with Mississauga Hospital on Hurontario LRT, Credit Valley Hospital (kind of) on the Transitway, and Queensway Health Centre near the provisions for a future Line 2 extension. Super exciting stuff for the western GTA. Anyway, I figured I would consolidate the images of each of the massings here for easy future viewing in case they disappear.

Queensway Health Centre (Etobicoke):
Trillium-Health-Three-Site-Master-Plan-Aerial-view-of-the-Credit-Valley-Mississauga-and-Queens...png

Credit Valley Hospital (Mississauga):
Trillium-Health-Three-Site-Master-Plan-Aerial-view-of-the-Credit-Valley-Mississauga-and-Queens...png

Mississauga Hospital (Mississauga):

I also found another image that depicts renderings of the new massive main building for Mississauga Hospital and the new tower for Queensway Health Centre:
thp_mississauga.jpg

Back