Attachments

• 20230103_135424.jpg
    20230103_135424.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230101_162725.jpg
    20230101_162725.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: PMT
I went by on the 400 on the weekend, and from that distance it appeared that this is down to 1 crane. Can anyone corroborate?

PE is awesome, he never sits on the fence, he takes a chainsaw, moves the fence and makes sure the offenders sit on it, after he's sharpened the posts.......

On a related note...........what the @#$# is this?

1679537640455.png

Let me get this straight, you've got the rootball of the tree sticking out, uncovered, above the ground, on an embankment that has all water draining away from it, and looks compacted as all get out.......and you expect the trees to live?

Good for you! Glad I'm not warrantying them.

Edit to Add: How its done properly:
1679539953689.png

The above is from my photos of Love Park; by Cormier.

Notice how the tree roots are not visible and the tree is planted level w/the surrounding soil.

Also note that the tree is not at the highest point of the landform, so water can run down to the tree, but not pool around it. (which would be bad)

You can't visually assess the compaction in this photo, but I can tell you the soil was groomed into place, not steamrolled.

You see this in @Rascacielo 's pic of the site from last fall:

1679540231496.png

Correct!

Last edited:
PE is awesome, he never sits on the fence, he takes a chainsaw, moves the fence and makes sure the offenders sit on it, after he's sharpened the posts.......

On a related note...........what the @#$# is this?

View attachment 463535

Let me get this straight, you've got the rootball of the tree sticking out, uncovered, above the ground, on an embankment that has all water draining away from it, and looks compacted as all get out.......and you expect the trees to live?

Good for you! Glad I'm not warrantying them.

Edit to Add: How it done properly:
View attachment 463545

The above is from my photos of Love Park; by Cormier.

Notice how the tree roots are not visible and the tree is planted level w/the surrounding soil.

Also note that the tree is not at the highest point of the landform, so water can run down to the tree, but not pool around it. (which would be bad)

You can't visually assess the compaction in this photo, but I can tell you the soil was groomed into place, not steamrolled.

You see this in @Rascacielo 's pic of the site from last fall:

View attachment 463546

Correct!
Not to stray too far off topic here, but the amount of new developments out here in Burlington that are under landscaped to begin with, then end up losing half the trees, or even trees planted by the city and region on city property that are just left to rot and die is horrendous, and they don't get replaced. It's infuriating.

On topic, the white sp*ndrel actually gives me a stress headache. Or maybe I just got worked up about the trees idunno.

I mean other than the baby blue spandrel I don’t mind it. It’s nothing particularly good either, but for a smaller building at the back end of VMC it’s not terrible.

Don’t get the baby blue spandrel though. That’s rough.

Back