Still quiet here, as of March 10th, 2021:

1615419351165.png

1615419382909.png

1615419406666.png

In minor news about this site, on next week's TDSB Planning and Priority Ctte's agenda is a report recommending that TLC (Toronto Lands Co., the board's real estate arm) enter into
a crane swing agreement related to this development.

They (the TDSB) will get $10,000 per year for acceding to the crane swing over the school periodically for up to 3 years.

I had no idea these types of agreements exist. What's the logic behind the pricing? You would think they would just say no for the safety of students.

The report outlines that arguably a developer doesn't have to enter such an agreement at all; at the very least that's a matter of legal conjecture and potential dispute.

In this case, the developer is paying a fairly modest sum to the TDSB for playing nice and not complaining or attempting to take any legal action.

What's in it for the developer is a no-hassle deal; for the TDSB it's real money for something they wouldn't likely be able to stop anyway.

The report outlines that arguably a developer doesn't have to enter such an agreement at all; at the very least that's a matter of legal conjecture and potential dispute.

In this case, the developer is paying a fairly modest sum to the TDSB for playing nice and not complaining or attempting to take any legal action.

What's in it for the developer is a no-hassle deal; for the TDSB it's real money for something they wouldn't likely be able to stop anyway.
Sorry, I read the report and must have deleted my post right before you replied. As always, thanks for the information!

I need to get better at reading all these reports and documents :/

Back