I hope it does get approved, just because I doubt something like this can ever be proposed again under this political-nimby climate, with the coming changes to the OMB.

That's because we don't have a page for Burlington so we put it in with the closest city. Hence Hamilton.
In fairness, Burlington is part of the Hamilton CMA.

Burlington is probably one of the most NIMBY cities in Ontario. I'd put them right up there with Oakville, and Hamilton Mountain (Ancaster in particular, which still likes to believe they are not part of Hamilton).

I was down by the site earlier today, looks like they're getting ready to dig. They've begun clearing foliage and other debris.

Good - it’s been a bit since this got approved and I was starting to get concerned they were running into financial issues given how long ago this was sold.

Good - it’s been a bit since this got approved and I was starting to get concerned they were running into financial issues given how long ago this was sold.

Yep I hear you, I was getting worried too. Says on the sign that construction starts Spring 2019. I'll try to get down to the site to take some pictures. Will be the tallest building in Burlington when complete.

April 6, 2019:

Construction update from December. This apparently has the second-deepest parking garage in the province (Behind only the Shangri-la?), at 7 levels and about 20 metres deep:

614-nautique.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rbt

Back