2.1 MB · Views: 1,591
  • nero8.jpg
    nero8.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,475
  • nero9.jpg
    nero9.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,465
The townhouses totally missed the mark.
The details, such as the wood railings at grade, light fixtures above the porches and the steel railings on the top floor, look really out of character and cheapens the look of the building. The modern and strong vertical and horizontal lines that defines and give character to the original design are all gone. What we have left is a dark mediocre lackluster building.

I hope the main building doesn't suffer the same fate.

High rents on those units likely to be a major roadblock. The retail scene has flourished along Dundas West for years now. While a couple new condos along Ossington have been quite successful in attracting retail tenants. Even the new-ish rental building at Dundas & Sheridan has a restaurant tenant now.

High rents on those units likely to be a major roadblock. The retail scene has flourished along Dundas West for years now. While a couple new condos along Ossington have been quite successful in attracting retail tenants. Even the new-ish rental building at Dundas & Sheridan has a restaurant tenant now.

Precisely. Clearly this place is doing something wrong.

Interesting, I passed by here just last Saturday on the way to Patois. These units have got to be up there for longest wait to get retail tenants signed after completion in the city.

Interesting, I passed by here just last Saturday on the way to Patois. These units have got to be up there for longest wait to get retail tenants signed after completion in the city.
The retail space at the S-W corner of Tecumseh and King in the Minto 775 - 78 Tecumseth St. condos give this space a run for its money. That's the problem when you only construct massive retail spaces. If you don't snag a bank or a Shoppers you're SOL, but so is the neighbourhood because now they're left with a dead public space where multiple shops could be thriving.

The retail space at the S-W corner of Tecumseh and King in the Minto 775 - 78 Tecumseth St. condos give this space a run for its money. That's the problem when you only construct massive retail spaces. If you don't snag a bank or a Shoppers you're SOL, but so is the neighbourhood because now they're left with a dead public space where multiple shops could be thriving.

775 had a tenant at one point that began fitouts and quit.

I'll chalk it up to the usual landlord greed, waiting for a mainstream chain to bite. The good news is that against all odds, an independent bakery cafe has opened (Pastel Bakery)!

I'll chalk it up to the usual landlord greed, waiting for a mainstream chain to bite. The good news is that against all odds, an independent bakery cafe has opened (Pastel Bakery)!

The website, so people can peruse:

A profile here:

Back