Do we know when crews will be on site to demolish the existing structure and get this project finally going?

Do we know when crews will be on site to demolish the existing structure and get this project finally going?

The permit (for Demolition) was issued Nov 22nd.

Typically (but not always) demolitions follows suit relatively quickly once a permit is issued.

We (or at least I) don't have a public date, but I would expect it to be in the next few weeks.

The permit (for Demolition) was issued Nov 22nd.

Typically (but not always) demolitions follows suit relatively quickly once a permit is issued.

We (or at least I) don't have a public date, but I would expect it to be in the next few weeks.
Thanks! Looking forward to this one coming up, along with Goode just to the north of it, which by preliminary accounts from the developer say should get going in the back half of 2022

• Only two elevators for floor 18 and up
  • No Visitor parking - but parking for rental cars!?
  • Allowing short-term and AirBnB
This reminds me of ICE condos. Anyone with more info or confirmation?
1641343179657.png

-----
1641344004315.png

----

1641343481468.png

-----

You need to take the elevator highlighted in Yellow to get to the ground level from the parking garage and then take other 4 elevators again (in blue)
1641345214719.png
1641345323748.png

Last edited:
In my experience:
  1. No visitor parking isn't unusual (and there's Green P parking nearby)
  2. You have to look at how "short term" is defined. Even Tridel buildings allow "short term" rentals, but it's defined as 30+ days (the problem with AirBnb is the weekend partiers, not the month-long guests).
But the elevator thing does suck. Two elevators is not nearly enough for floors 18-45 given one will undoubtedly be out of service or being used for moving periodically.

1. You have to look at how "short term" is defined. Even Tridel buildings allow "short term" rentals, but it's defined as 30+ days (the problem with AirBnb is the weekend partiers, not the month-long guests).
I don't believe all Tridel buildings allow "short term", I actually don't know many that do. Which ones are you referencing?

You may well be right, I was under the impression this was the case but I haven't seen all Tridel building declarations so it's wrong of me to imply all Tridel buildings allow "short term" and define it as 30+ days (though my hunch is that a developer has a standard form declaration and uses that for all their developments as a precedent). My understanding is that the Tridel Bayside buildings define it this way, and if I recall correctly the Tridel Alexandra Park buildings define it that way too. There's also this article that speaks about two Tridel buildings in North York allowing "short term" but it doesn't explain how they define it.

• Only two elevators for floor 18 and up
  • No Visitor parking - but parking for rental cars!?
  • Allowing short-term and AirBnB
This reminds me of ICE condos. Anyone with more info or confirmation?
View attachment 373029
-----
View attachment 373031
----

View attachment 373030
-----

You need to take the elevator highlighted in Yellow to get to the ground level from the parking garage and then take other 4 elevators again (in blue)
View attachment 373034 View attachment 373035
I'm very positive any declaration issues for short term rentals, especially AirBnB will be resolved as soon as the board of directors in place. It is the boards decision to implement condo rules for short term rentals. Owners are contacted to submit a requisition for meeting within 30 days of notification, if no one requisions a meeting to dispute then the board will vote to inforce long term rentals. Once voted on section 58 (1) of the condominium act owners are notified of new rules and AirBnB contacted and informed that 31 Parliament has rules in place and to remove address from listings.

Last edited:
You may well be right, I was under the impression this was the case but I haven't seen all Tridel building declarations so it's wrong of me to imply all Tridel buildings allow "short term" and define it as 30+ days (though my hunch is that a developer has a standard form declaration and uses that for all their developments as a precedent). My understanding is that the Tridel Bayside buildings define it this way, and if I recall correctly the Tridel Alexandra Park buildings define it that way too. There's also this article that speaks about two Tridel buildings in North York allowing "short term" but it doesn't explain how they define it.
Interesting! I am in one of the Tridel Bayside buildings and this is def not the case.

Ah that's quite interesting! I know that one of them definitely defines short term this way (read the declaration myself) and was told the others did too. Seems interesting that they'd change it for similarly sized buildings in the same area (or maybe it was changed by the condo board).

Ah that's quite interesting! I know that one of them definitely defines short term this way (read the declaration myself) and was told the others did too. Seems interesting that they'd change it for similarly sized buildings in the same area (or maybe it was changed by the condo board).
Def not the same across the buildings. I know this for a fact.

Interesting.
Bunch of the units for this place currently listed on Realtor.ca.
Not sure if that is always common at this stage or not, but I happened across them randomly when looking at condos in my area today.

This is the latest response from the developer to the City. What's your thought on the timeline to get an approval? There seems to be two issues
1) parking and
2) ground water management.

why not a watertight structure so close to the lake? what's the impact with the current proposed approach in long-term?
1641756384408.png
1641756202856.png

Last edited:

Back