May 10, 2021

353BB2DD-1AC7-4487-85C6-AAF2A80A51B4_1_201_a.jpeg

Is it me, or have these towers been rising extra slow?
Podium floors take a long time as each floor is generally different, so forms have to be custom made and that takes time. Once this rises high enough to split off into the two towers with repeating floor-plates, it will rise much more quickly.

Podium floors take a long time as each floor is generally different, so forms have to be custom made and that takes time. Once this rises high enough to split off into the two towers with repeating floor-plates, it will rise much more quickly.

Living in the area Ive witnesses multiple towers start much later and complete the foundation and podium much faster - at least 1 year ahead of Nobu - Thinking Theater Park and Peter / Adelaide ... Maybe it is just my perception ...

Living in the area Ive witnesses multiple towers start much later and complete the foundation and podium much faster - at least 1 year ahead of Nobu - Thinking Theater Park and Peter / Adelaide ... Maybe it is just my perception ...
Nobu went down 6 storeys and had to support heritage building walls. Theatre Park has a much smaller footprint and only went 4 storeys down IIRC and had no heritage walls to hold up. Peter and Adelaide also only goes down 4 storeys, no heritage walls to worry about. One building ≠ another building, they're all different.

Though I will admit that the stage between completion of excavation to when the towers start to form is like watching moss growing on tombstones...only it takes far longer. It's hard to see until such time how skyline altering the end products will be save from tantalizing renderings.

Back