52AAC4B0-4C94-4AB2-A651-34AE9A87C750_1_201_a.jpeg

CAC1260A-C714-4FC5-82F0-6921034FE078_1_201_a.jpeg

9ACFA1B0-07E6-4C9B-A773-72DF7A8B498A_1_201_a.jpeg

819F5846-98AD-40B1-BE4E-B6AD3D0A7E89_1_201_a.jpeg

2C924BA2-098A-4E5D-8730-8B164FEEE14B_1_201_a.jpeg
73964093-8EF7-40E6-A7BD-11852C1481A2_1_201_a.jpeg

90D9CD3C-DC06-4880-891C-6EC862F7F2DF_1_201_a.jpeg

4F2B2394-D05A-4656-8DF4-D6E797DA60D4_1_201_a.jpeg

At the risk of beating a dead horse... most of the buildings facing this laneway don't treat it like an afterthought (see 50 John Street at the end of the view above and 250-270 wellington st). Not sure why this building needs to get a pass, especially if it's pegging itself as high end. People making excuses when really there aren't any beyond maximizing profit margins.

At the risk of beating a dead horse... most of the buildings facing this laneway don't treat it like an afterthought (see 50 John Street at the end of the view above and 250-270 wellington st). Not sure why this building needs to get a pass, especially if it's pegging itself as high end. People making excuses when really there aren't any beyond maximizing profit margins.
100%, great observation here.

It's not just that it's getting a lesser treatment because it's a laneway. It's the fact that it's possibly one of the worst frontages in the city. Period.

I don't expect the laneway to get the same treatment as the main street facing frontage, obviously one is definitely going to have more time and care put into it. The problem is that literally zero effort has been put into this so far.

Even some of the worst towers in the city (like daniels waterfront) still have decent podiums.

Wow, is that ever a powerful echo chamber. If this is so universally reviled, why do people keep shooting it? Why do you keep coming to the thread to look at it?

Yeah, sure, it sucks, but there's been almost a month's worth of posts about the same damn thing. Why do this to yourselves?

Wow, is that ever a powerful echo chamber. If this is so universally reviled, why do people keep shooting it? Why do you keep coming to the thread to look at it?

Yeah, sure, it sucks, but there's been almost a month's worth of posts about the same damn thing. Why do this to yourselves?
I come to the thread anxiously awaiting to see progress, and now also hoping whatever comes next is better.

And an "echo chamber" to which there is no doubt you have shared...

That said, I can think of several reasons why folks like to vent at what displeases and/or disgusts them. I suspect main reason though because they...or we know that there is nothing outside of UT that can be changed in what's being put up there for the ages. That is, there is no authority out there that can order them to take it down and replace it with something better. So the only thing we can really do is vent here. And it's my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like we're complaining about anything unreasonable here.

I can flip it and ask you why do you keep coming back if you hate all the posts?

we all have the free will to ignore things we do not like. Anyways, I come here hoping there has been some kind of improvement or new pictures of other less spandrelly elevations (just like the post above this one).

I dropped in a week ago to make the point about historic materiality in the context of 85 Richmond, but other than that, I've left this one alone. Came in today and was a little surprised to see the dead horse carcass on the proverbial forum floor.

Back