May 5, 2022

E24BD795-6C41-4B8A-838C-E8BBA97E7873.jpeg

14957665-1614-4B56-B1BF-71F8CB6BF4C1_1_201_a.jpeg

078E90C9-8CCB-4F8F-A9B4-43CB7321D063.jpeg

Thank you for providing a close up of that black outlining paneling, Mr. Mars...as I was beginning to think they may have painted on those beveled accents for further value engineered initiatives. It was hard to tell looking at it straight on. And your take confirmed those accents where real, despite being rather subdued...

...and yes, if this project was being developed with class materials they where indicating from their marketing, I wouldn't be having to be wondering about that begin with. >.<

I'm going to say something positive about this building: I'm actually kind of liking the darker colours and shape of this coming out from the narrow space of Mercer St. Looks cool. And from a distance and in context of all the other junk around it it doesn't look significantly worse I guess haha and at least it will provide some colour difference vs. most of the other blue glass grey spandrel towers around the area.

I'm going to say something positive about this building: I'm actually kind of liking the darker colours and shape of this coming out from the narrow space of Mercer St. Looks cool. And from a distance and in context of all the other junk around it it doesn't look significantly worse I guess haha and at least it will provide some colour difference vs. most of the other blue glass grey spandrel towers around the area.
Was just thinking the same. It's horrible but at least it's not horrible and green/blue.

It started out as an absolute mess, but it's kind of turning around (kind of). Waiting to judge the final product. I am more hopeful with these latest pics.

I think acknowledging that it at least isn't more of the same in a sea of mediocrity and trash is hardly even feint praise.

The building sucks, no one is disputing that. It is valid to point out that at least it's different though.

Last edited:
The apologists are coming out already? That was fast.

This thing is ghastly and third rate. There is no need to pretend otherwise.
I'm not sure if you're including me in here as one of the apologists, but if you look back over the past few pages you'll see me absolutely roasting and criticizing this building harshly and dunking on it. I was trying to counterbalance that and be fair and give some credit to some of the good (or at least less absurdly bad) aspects of it.

I think acknowledging that it at least isn't more of the same in a sea of mediocrity and trash is hardly feint praise.

The building sucks, no one is disputing that. It is valid to point out that at least it's different though.

Is it different though? A different mullion finish or spandrel colour is not different architecture from anything around it beyond a slight cosmetic difference. And when it’s so ugly, should it really be given as credit? A standard blue glass would be better than this crap.

Is it different though? A different mullion finish or spandrel colour is not different architecture from anything around it beyond a slight cosmetic difference. And when it’s so ugly, should it really be given as credit? A standard blue glass would be better than this crap.
I disagree. Maybe high quality blue glass would be, but value engineered and cheap blue glass would be just as bad.

Again I'm not saying this is a good building, it's objectively bad and my comment history backs that up, but at least it breaks up the monotony of the area a little bit. I'd obviously prefer a good building, but if it's gonna be bad at least it isn't more of the same and looks ok ish from a very far distance.

Something can be trash and there can still be room for nuance.

I think in this case it's not an opinion but a fact.

This is horrible from a technical and design perspective. It this was a school project (which it looks like), it would get an F.
What a bizarre push to try and police people’s opinions. If someone says it looks better at a distance, take it at face value and let it be.

Back