This one has really grown on me. I like the fact it's dark. Anything to help take away from the sea of blue and green box's in the DT core makes me happy...lol.
I guess I am in the minority here but I do not mind this project, from a distance at least. Breaks up some pretty meh architecture in the area

From a distance where you can't see the finer details I have to agree as well. I was coming into the city by train for the first time in while and the black certainly caught my eye, it's rather striking especially amongst the entertianment district's sea of blues and greens.

Unfortunately it's far from a quality project. I don't live in the area and (mercifully) have not seen the project up close but from the pictures alone it's clear to see the entire facade is a jumbled mess and considering what was promised it is such a huge let down.

I ask this of other UT members... How does one reconcile thinking a building actually looks good from a distance all the while knowing how truly terrible it really is? The guilt is eating me up inside. 🙈

From a distance where you can't see the finer details I have to agree as well. I was coming into the city by train for the first time in while and the black certainly caught my eye, it's rather striking especially amongst the entertianment district's sea of blues and greens.

Unfortunately it's far from a quality project. I don't live in the area and (mercifully) have not seen the project up close but from the pictures alone it's clear to see the entire facade is a jumbled mess and considering what was promised it is such a huge let down.

I ask this of other UT members... How does one reconcile thinking a building actually looks good from a distance all the while knowing how truly terrible it really is? The guilt is eating me up inside. 🙈

This building is literally causing mental anguish! Maybe under the guise of public health we use government powers to fix it /s

This morning.

20221115_090245.jpg

It's the best looking building in that last shot, which makes all the hate this gets kind of baffling to me.
Exactly! I honest to go think that anything that doesn't resemble some kind of puke green or ice blue box is a welcome addition.
You can 'baffle' yourself all you like, Soho, Festival Tower, 55 Mercer, King Blue and Metro Hall all far exceed this pile.

Didn’t you just say yourself you haven’t seen it up close? How is it clear it’s a jumbled mess? It looks like a construction project underway, which are always messy…

Is this at its final height yet?
3B64108C-EB71-4372-866D-97075DB1E9CC.jpeg

Based on the extended height of the west tower columns I’d say they’re on the mechanical penthouse now? You can also see the column make up change 5 or so floors down from where they are now which is I’m assuming where the Nobu hotel rooms are going.

Back