Today:

93DC7059-DF4C-453E-B2F5-DA0A6E8A55CF.jpeg
9CFF42BC-99D6-4773-82DF-86E94E0CC319.jpeg

7289CF51-AE04-4492-87B6-3926F1393048.jpeg

A4EB4E2B-A995-4788-A881-6B304BF26DC2.jpeg

43F23354-EA30-4CC0-A0CF-D02BBA074595.jpeg

10C72E4D-A1AB-42C0-8E3E-413420F5C657.jpeg

5EAE2037-F2C8-428C-9E72-DB3EBE0F52A8.jpeg

those would have to be the most useless and uninviting balconies. They are tiny and half of it is blocked by the black solid cladding. It’s pretty much just a spot to stand and smoke.

Last edited:
You’ve got location, you’ve got the brand; the value of a condo building depreciates every year and there will always be newer and better buildings get built.

It’s not the building, it’s the Nobu brand that carries so much value. I’m excited for this.
Well if this is suppose to introduce the brand to Toronto and Canada they’ve absolutely failed.

I’ve never visited a Nobu before and after seeing this steaming pile I have absolutely no reason to.

Companies that truly have a good brand and cares about protecting it would not have let this happen. This is like Apple opening up a sidewalk kiosk.

That second photo above is claustrophobia inducing---Dystopic even. Not at all inviting.and a terrible exercise in urban planning. The buildings are jammed in as tightly as any NYC street and all with no rules for allowing sunlight in. It looks like lower Manhattan without any set-back/step-back rules applied; side by side by side Equitable Buildings. I would, and have, visited Lower Broadway but I will never venture back to this area.

That second photo above is claustrophobia inducing---Dystopic even. Not at all inviting.and a terrible exercise in urban planning. The buildings are jammed in as tightly as any NYC street and all with no rules for allowing sunlight in. It looks like lower Manhattan without any set-back/step-back rules applied; side by side by side Equitable Buildings. I would, and have, visited Lower Broadway but I will never venture back to this area.

Shows how people's preferences can vary, because I enjoy the street for what it is (barring the potential pedestrianised shopping street this should have been, lost opportunity but unrelated to density!) Obviously should remember preferences are ones own, and they don't make good policy and lead to over regulation (think every detached house neighborhood ever). Just as this street exists in a dense manor, you can walk a block or two over and find open space or a wide boulevard. Walk a few more find warehouses and townhomes. Not every street should be like this one, but this one is neat because its different. Diversity in build form is what makes cities interesting.

This is not in defence of the building btw, I'm still very icked by the material downgrades made to a 'flagship product.'

Shows how people's preferences can vary, because I enjoy the street for what it is (barring the potential pedestrianised shopping street this should have been, lost opportunity but unrelated to density!) Obviously should remember preferences are ones own, and they don't make good policy and lead to over regulation (think every detached house neighborhood ever). Just as this street exists in a dense manor, you can walk a block or two over and find open space or a wide boulevard. Walk a few more find warehouses and townhomes. Not every street should be like this one, but this one is neat because its different. Diversity in build form is what makes cities interesting.

This is not in defence of the building btw, I'm still very icked by the material downgrades made to a 'flagship product.'

You bought a condo in the area?

I actually like the NYC feel to this small narrow street, it actually feels like a metropolitan downtown with buildings hugging the street.
There were rumours that Mercer Street will be repaved with cobblestones to tie into the John Street Cultural Corridor proposal, if that ever gets done. That would give it a really nice atmosphere and feel.

Back