News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Wow, that would make for an epic beer hall/event/art space.

This being Toronto though, I'm sure it'll be a Rexall.

or a Shoppers Drug Mart.. or a Starbucks- and some hipster healthy vegan take out lunch shop.. that is scattering our city...

agree- would make a great event space...

Rexall, in the Manulife Centre beside ValuMart is moving to the Holt Renfrew Centre beside Zara. No doubt displaced by the incoming Eataly.

Rexall, in the Manulife Centre beside ValuMart is moving to the Holt Renfrew Centre beside Zara. No doubt displaced by the incoming Eataly.

Hopefully the LCBO will expand into that space vacated by the Rexall. It is supposed to be a flagship store and isn’t quite large enough.

Hopefully the LCBO will expand into that space vacated by the Rexall. It is supposed to be a flagship store and isn’t quite large enough.

Entirely possible, however, if the current Premier delivers on his promise of broadened beer/wine sales, I can all but guarantee they will show up in both Eataly (which often has a great selection of Italian Wines and Probably Bloor St. Market, if they end up w/more sq ft.

That might leave the LCBO better off focusing on repurposing some space away from beer and 'general list' wines in favour what the other stores will not carry.

(no inside info on this one, just a thought)

I'd add I would expect to see other area grocers, particularly Whole Foods adding wine as well. If my area is any indication (where more than one supermarket added wine and beer, it tends to take about 25% of the LCBO's weekly sales)

Eataly will be located elsewhere, in the north part of the complex. There was also an optometrist office behind the Rexall that moved upstairs a few months ago.

Rexall isn't moving very far - if you are able-bodied. It will be a problem for the many residents of Manulife with limited mobility.

The LCBO could use more space, but it rarely has the overwhelming traffic that can be seen, for example, at the Atrium. My wish would be for the Bloor St. Market to expand, though it would require an extensive reconfiguration. It might allow them to add a pharmacy.

Last edited:
The Starbucks at Church and Shuter closed suddenly today. I had a coffee there yesterday with no signs it was about to close:

IMG_1571.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1571.JPG
    IMG_1571.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 932
The Starbucks at Church and Shuter closed suddenly today. I had a coffee there yesterday with no signs it was about to close:

View attachment 156742

I was there on Saturday morning as well on my way to the subway. It's really close to me and I'll miss it. The Good Earth coffee shop at Dundas and Jarvis (at the bottom of Pace) is awful. POP Coffee Works to the south of it, on Jarvis, is good, but isn't always open when I want it, and isn't on my way.

While I do like a good independent coffee shop, sometimes I just want the no-nonsense of a brewed coffee, and that Starbucks was really convenient.

Mast Coffee is just across the street from it - but I can't speak too much to how good it is. It does have brewed coffee at certain hours I believe.

I was there on Saturday morning as well on my way to the subway. It's really close to me and I'll miss it. The Good Earth coffee shop at Dundas and Jarvis (at the bottom of Pace) is awful. POP Coffee Works to the south of it, on Jarvis, is good, but isn't always open when I want it, and isn't on my way.

While I do like a good independent coffee shop, sometimes I just want the no-nonsense of a brewed coffee, and that Starbucks was really convenient.

What about Mast Coffee at Shuter and Dalhousie. Have you tried it? I haven't been in yet, but have wondered when passing it by. Presumably the closure of the Starbucks will be a boon to nearby Mast.

Back