News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Quick pic of that soon to be new Value Village store:

20220611_125152.jpg

Interview with an owner of Silver Snail discussing their one year since relocating to their current Queen West location. Interior photos of the store also included in the article:

Love that place. So much good stuff!

Ya, loved their first two locations. This one is a bit of a non-starter for me, but I wish them luck.

Curry's Artists' Materials store at 1153 Queen Street West will be closing permanently on August 15th, 2022 after over 100 years at that location:

Pet supply store, Barkside Bistro, are closing both their locations at Bathurst & Barton (north of the subway station) and Gerrard East & Leslie:

The Page & Panel (Toronto Comic Arts Festival) bookstore located inside the Toronto Reference Library closed permanently at the beginning of July 2022:

Dlish Cupcakes at 833 Queen St W will be closing at the end of Oct 2022, after around a decade at the location:

I saw that. Truly disheartening. By far the best cupcakes in the City!

I patronized them less after the location at Yonge/Davenport closed. That was much more convenient to me as an east ender than the Trinity Belwoods one. But I still made it down there 2-3x per year.

I wonder what the reason is for the closing.

I always felt D'Lish left money on the table as they tended to close very early each day, nominally 5pm, but really as soon as they sold through which was sometimes as early as 2:30pm.

They always lost out on the after-work, on-my-way-home, I want something with dessert market. They also always opened close to lunch, which meant no access to the cupcakes for office meeting crowd.

Loved their product, the business model I was iffy on........

I have never understood the appeal of cupcakes. Give me a good slice of cake any day. What makes a good cupcake?

I have never understood the appeal of cupcakes. Give me a good slice of cake any day. What makes a good cupcake?

Same thing as a cake.

Moist, rich, flavourful.

Difference is that it's hand-held, no utensils required, and the portion tends to be smaller than a typical piece of cake, which means fewer calories; and of course, a cut-open cake dries out, where cupcakes hold their freshness longer.

Back