More buffer space between the noise and pollution of a street like Wilson isn't a bad idea to make walking pleasant in the area.
I guess if they wall it with trees or bushes, but otherwise I think this is just going to become a giant muddy mess in short time covered in dog crap.

I guess if they wall it with trees or bushes, but otherwise I think this is just going to become a giant muddy mess in short time covered in dog crap.

Even if it becomes a muddy mess, it preserves the opportunity to do something better in the future (including bike lanes) versus locking everyone into an impractically proportioned right of way.

Even if it becomes a muddy mess, it preserves the opportunity to do something better in the future (including bike lanes) versus locking everyone into an impractically proportioned right of way.
Precisely. Lord knows this awful street needs a complete makeover anyways.

Looked up the plans, and there is no planting beyond grass listed for the boulevard.
I guess we'll need to live with dead grass and mud for the next 50 years until they put in bike lanes. What a waste of space until then.

People are moving into the eastern most building. The biggest benefit for them is access to Bagel World!

IMG_6753.jpeg
IMG_6754.jpeg
IMG_6755.jpeg
IMG_6756.jpeg
IMG_6757.jpeg
IMG_6758.jpeg
IMG_6759.jpeg
IMG_6760.jpeg
IMG_6761.jpeg

Here's hoping that they actually landscape the path like they said they would when they start working on the park.

I generally like how they broke up the massing, although they could have done more to break up the Wilson ground realm frontage. Even a slight change in the front setback (maybe a couple of feet) ever time they change to a different cladding would have made the ground realm feel a bit less monolithic (COBE's Cherry House shows how slight variations to the depth/height of the podium can help break up the massing of a long street frontage)

Back