This project feels like a missed opportunity in terms of its relationship with Albert Standing Park.

Imagine if it had at least one cafe/restaurant with a patio fronting onto the park. That would make the park feel like a vibrant and metropolitan public space. The patio would be nicer than the typical patio along a major street where the asphalt pavement creates a heat island effect and there are a lot of fumes from cars.

There are so few pieces of land in the city where you can do something like that. Instead, there's this narrow path proposed between the building and the park that doesn't look sufficient for a patio and walkway. The path doesn't connect with the park paths. There's just landscaping.

A lot more could be done to refine the relationship between the building and the park. The city could use better planning in terms of not just the interaction of a building and the street, which has improved significantly since the 1960s, but also in terms of the relationship between a building and the adjacent public spaces like parks and squares.

Last edited:
Shoring permit is issued here.

But, take note that the SPA is not yet settled.

1686246902979.png

Demolition started today,... starting with 4 houses on Bogert then the 2 on Sheppard
IMG_9447.JPG

IMG_9455.JPG

Minor variance:

To facilitate the development of 2 additional townhouse units within the same built form approved for the townhouse block in 2017 and reaffirmed in 2022 by the OLT.(approved 7 units proposing 9 units).

Total units changed from 365 units to 361 units. The total car parking was reduced from 127 car parking to 113 car parking.

Any updates on when the actual construction will start? Sales office doesn't even provide an ETA. Not much has changed since September last year.

If you look closely at the photo, you'll see Construction Office Trailer set up next to fence by Park,.... I'm suspect the "dirt piled up" is from grading the lots in order to do a proper survey to prepare for shoring - which they have permit for,.... but I don't believe the requested 16-storey is approved yet.

If you look closely at the photo, you'll see Construction Office Trailer set up next to fence by Park,.... I'm suspect the "dirt piled up" is from grading the lots in order to do a proper survey to prepare for shoring - which they have permit for,.... but I don't believe the requested 16-storey is approved yet.
Developer's office says they have all the permits in place, but they are also not providing any updates at the moment. Is it common to pre-sale without building permit?

Developer's office says they have all the permits in place, but they are also not providing any updates at the moment. Is it common to pre-sale without building permit?
LOL!!! Show me a developer who actually does pre-sale with All Building Permit in place! Heck, I'll even settle for having any Building Permit in place!!!! Show me,.... For the last 15 years, within this high-development North York Centre area,... the only Developer I've ever seen to do pre-sale with approval to build,... not even Building Permit - just all City/OMB approvals was Sorbara's Beacon condo project at 5200 Yonge.

Read your sales contract,.... multiple posts here detail what's been approved at OMB/OLT vs what this Developer is now proposing,.... you'll be lucky if you get a key in 5 years,....

Last edited:
Pre-con rules and regulations are quite different in each province, which is why this forum is great. Anyways, appreciate any updates or photos of this project from fellow investors!

Pre-con rules and regulations are quite different in each province, which is why this forum is great. Anyways, appreciate any updates or photos of this project from fellow investors!
If you're so nervous about your investment here,... you shouldn't be investing here,....

Back