If the first floor is to be retail, could Plant World occupy most or some of that retail space? Thinking about other nurseries around town and how they could be set up. May need to set aside some outdoor space for trees, scrubs, and seasonal items... and manure next to the offices.

Just as you thought there was a alternative nursery...

Humber Nurseries is also closing! WHAT!?

From link.

On October 31, 2019, after 71 years of operation, Humber Nurseries Limited will be ceasing its retail operations at 8386 Hwy. 50, Brampton. The Peters family has sold the land that the garden centre is located on and will be refocusing their energy on a new wholesale business.

IMG_2510.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG

Site Plan Approval application filed June 10:

1593649845648.png

1593649865903.png

With Lanterra this can go one of 2 ways. Either strikingly good with exceptional materials, or horridly bad with the cheapest materials and cladding possible, a la (Britt Condos). Hopefully it's the former.

I think it'll end up looking like Lanterra's Treviso buildings at Dufferin & Lawrence. Which is nothing exciting, but for its location is still decent and the materials are consistent.

I was going to say the same thing, that it looks like Treviso part II. It'll be very interesting to see street fronting retail lining this highway-esque section of Eglinton...

Interesting indeed. It’s bananas to think that a road like this is going to have much pedestrian activity.

I'm not entirely sure about that. There's a condo just around the corner on Scarlett that added some much needed urban retail to an otherwise desolate stretch.

I'm not entirely sure about that. There's a condo just around the corner on Scarlett that added some much needed urban retail to an otherwise desolate stretch.
Just because there are a couple of shops doesn’t mean people will choose to walk here. There’s not much to walk to and the conditions are miserable. It’s wishful thinking to imagine that that will change, unless the street is completely rebuilt.

Just because there are a couple of shops doesn’t mean people will choose to walk here. There’s not much to walk to and the conditions are miserable. It’s wishful thinking to imagine that that will change, unless the street is completely rebuilt.

Hopefully it will happen over time, because I agree, the current state is miserable. However, it won't change and improve if no retail spaces are provided.

There's pretty generous retail frontage, but it's focused on the north south street bisecting the site. There's spillover onto Eglinton, but that seems secondary to the frontages on the internal road system. This is also similar to the fountain / courtyard space at Treviso (only now, with bonus cars!).

Back