563ED93B-9BD5-4AF9-B4A4-DC3630D8A495.jpeg

The grocery store is still moving forward. The building was designed for it on the second floor and an agreement was made with the retailer during the design development process.
The third floor is where this gym and wellness centre will be located.
The 89,000-square-foot 'social wellness club' is slated to take over the first two floors of the Novus development at 25 Ordnance St. in November.

I so hope this means 2F and 3F...but is there space on GF for grocery?

The 89,000-square-foot 'social wellness club' is slated to take over the first two floors of the Novus development at 25 Ordnance St. in November.

I so hope this means 2F and 3F...but is there space on GF for grocery?
I hope not. There is enough grocery in the area already. I’d like to see a small market like a Rabba and then some other stores and restaurants instead. Will see.

Highland Farms is indeed out of the picture and AlteaActive, a massive fitness and social club, will occupy the 2nd and 3rd floor of the podium with about 89,000 sq.ft. of space. This comes as a surprise as the building was designed to have a 55,000 sq.ft. grocery store on the 2nd floor since early in the design phase.

AlteaActive will feature a Starbucks, a restaurant and bar, various lounges, a daycare, indoor pool/hut tubs/cold plunge pools, an ice room, yoga and meditation studios, spa, extensive cardio & weight rooms, private classrooms, golf simulators, 4 bowling lanes, games room, and much more. This will be Altea’s second location (the first being in Winnipeg). It’s an incredible facility as you can see in the articles below and will eclipse any health club in the city.

I actually signed up for a membership there and the opening will be mid-November but they are offering free outdoor classes at various parks in the meantime.

Bit of a shame that a grocery store for that space didn't work out. It would've helped fill the gap between the Metro further west in LV, and the Loblaws at Bathurst. There's also quite a significant population base among these new Garrison Point buildings and other towers on the west side of Strachan.

Bit of a shame that a grocery store for that space didn't work out. It would've helped fill the gap between the Metro further west in LV, and the Loblaws at Bathurst. There's also quite a significant population base among these new Garrison Point buildings and other towers on the west side of Strachan.
There is a great opportunity for a smaller grocery market like Rabba on the main retail level which would serve the community well. The area is already well served by 4 huge grocery stores within a 5 or 6 minute walk. Metro, City Market, Farm Boy, Loblaws.

I will add here that Metro location (LV) is one of the top 5 (in the company) in the province in terms of sales.

Which is to say, the area could easily support an additional grocer.

Photos taken October 17th, 2021:

1634509854921.png

1634509889849.png

Worth saying ahead of the pics below, this is the single best streetscape in the 'greater LV' area. Take a look: Granite Curb, high quality planting beds, little fences to keep people out of the planting beds, interlocking pavers for the sidewalk.

1634509995658.png

1634510012977.png

1634510029309.png

1634510048726.png

1634510063480.png

One of the ugliest podiums I've seen. The towers aren't great either and look a bit cheap overall but are tolerable.

Back