I also like the design. I think that it looks interesting but also serves as a strong visual distraction and draws attention away from the elevator corridor being excessively narrow. I dislike more the space of the the concierge desk. It is exceptionally small, and it seems that these white curves are much flatter than they are on the renderings. They also appear to be more glossy on the renderings. I would prefer to see something more dramatic and glossier. Design has to stand out to compensate for the small space.

Foyer is the first impression of the inside of the building and thus is important. It should set that distinction between the outside and the inside; psychologically it gives an instant impression of what it is like to be in this building. I also think that functionally it should be an amenity, a place where you could wait for a visitor or taxi, in a comfortable and relaxing ambiance. The importance of the first impression was apparently understood when the sales office was set up. When I walked in I liked how things were presented, including colours and "virtual pool." There was this ambiance recreated that made me want to buy a condo here. And now I see that in reality it is so different. I was expecting something amazing and luxurious but it feels small, hectic and crowded. There are only 4 chairs and eventually will be so many more people waiting for elevators.

Last edited:
Those who like the lobby, have you seen it in person? It just looks cheap and just not up to par. It also doesn't really match anything. The corridors are completely different. The units do not share the same theme. Just a very odd design. It's also tiny. You really have to be in there to realize how ridiculous it looks.

The board is going to change it eventually. I have no doubt.

One thing the board will not be able to change is the space available. I am wondering if originally more space was planned for the foyer and then given to retail instead. (I understand this is what happened with parking.) As for the flower motif, I understand that such a prominent design cannot appeal to everyone but I have observed many amateur photosessions going on using the design as background and positive comments. I think there is a cultural difference also in how it is perceived. Certainly it is nothing like neutral color stone and glass as in most North American buildings. Stronger likes and dislikes are expected when it is so different.

PS It is the corridors that are lacking design. They simply use the same carpet and front doors as in X2. Not a surprise that there is mismatch.

Last edited:
One thing the board will not be able to change is the space available. I am wondering if originally more space was planned for the foyer and then given to retail instead. (I understand this is what happened with parking.) As for the flower motif, I understand that such a prominent design cannot appeal to everyone but I have observed many amateur photosessions going on using the design as background and positive comments. I think there is a cultural difference also in how it is perceived. Certainly it is nothing like neutral color stone and glass as in most North American buildings. Stronger likes and dislikes are expected when it is so different.

PS It is the corridors that are lacking design. They simply use the same carpet and front doors as in X2. Not a surprise that there is mismatch.

Yes, I notice it's the same design of X2 which I don't mind too much. I've always seen One Bloor as an X2 on steroids. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I'm completely fine with something different in the corridors and the lobby. I just don't think it works here. I also don't know if a white floor is the best thing either. It's always dirty (obviously).

With the size they could have really gone with something interesting and well done. I'm hoping the amenities look better.

Today:
I love em both.

35154075054_95cb37b99d_c.jpg

Oh well, i figure another 6-8 months to fill in the puzzle

I'm more anxious about the street level. Perhaps the lack of urgency is due to none of the retailers being slated to open anytime soon, those sidewalks feel like they've been covered for an eternity. Once the hoarding and fencing is removed, this interesection will feel dramatically less congested. It doesn't help that The One hoarding has been up for months as well. One nice thing with Aura, was when they opened up the street level/podium months before the building was topped off. While it wasn't enough to generate the crowds it was hoping for, and still hoping for to this day ;) , the impact those massive sidewalks had, and still have, impresses.

Back