But I guess those days are over. 1 Bloor, Nicholas, 5 St. Joseph, Chaz and 42 Charles, plus others. It's going to be a noisy dusty 3 or 4 years for us in the neighbourhood but I don't care, it's nice to see these buildings go up.

Yeah i agree...Going to be Crazy, but nice to see
You can add... in the close vicinity, U-Condos, Milan, and the soon to start Yorkville Residences tower...And dont forget, Cumberland Terrace Re-development 1+2, 94 Cumberland, 1000 Bay, 906 Yonge, will most likely be breaking ground sometime between all this.:cool:

I Heard GG is planing ground breaking ceremony on Tuesday June 28, at 11:45 pm with guest who invited this ground breaking ceremony included Ontario Primer and Toronto Mayor, anyone can confirm this rumours ?

I Heard GG is planing ground breaking ceremony on Tuesday June 28, at 11:45 pm with guest who invited this ground breaking ceremony included Ontario Primer and Toronto Mayor, anyone can confirm this rumours ?

Great...I will be back in TO by then...
Damn, it's been a long time coming...:cool:ill be across the street having a cold one...

11:45 at night? What an odd time for a ground-breaking. And I doubt the mayor will be there - that's Pride week, and Yonge & Bloor is dangerously close to Church.

A modest attempt at fake tilt-shift.

1bloortoy.jpg

Miniature faking is not Tilt-Shift...

Tilt-Shift is used to restore lines of perspective in photography (especially in architectural photography)

A quotation from the article you referenced.

Selective focus via tilt is often used to simulate a miniature scene,[10][11] though as noted above, the effect is somewhat different from the shallow Depth of Field (DoF) in close-up photography of miniature subjects.[12] Many such images are described as employing "tilt-shift", but the term is something of a misnomer because shift is seldom involved and is usually unrelated to the effect produced. The term may derive from the tilt-shift lens normally required when the effect is produced optically.

Does anyone know how much taller than the Four Seasons this tower will be, just trying to get an idea of its height?
Thanks

Back