One Park Tower:

oneparktower.jpg

masterplan.jpg

Developer: Daniels
Architect: Kirkor
Height: 121m (not confirmed)
Floors: 38

===

I figured I would start a dedicated thread, since this is Mississauga's tallest building, for the moment.

Here are some recent construction shots. It is now past 38 floors (32 is the upper band with the second set of gargoyles) and the spire is being constructed. If you take a look at the MCC skyline from the distance, you can clearly see how much taller this is than its neighbours.

OneParkTower_2007-06-21001.jpg

Gargoyles will be installed at 8 and 32 (you can see the mounting plates):
OneParkTower_2007-06-21002.jpg

They are working on finishing the exterior, which I think turned out very similar to the rendering. It is right to the sidewalk on the Confederation Pkwy side:
OneParkTower_2007-06-21003.jpg

The east side, home to the towns and the future extension of the 'garden alley' built between Capital and Amica to the south:
OneParkTower_2007-06-21006.jpg

- Andy

I love that first rendering. How exciting to live in a tower in the middle of a field.

nice pics vistaway, this one is certainly having an effect on the Mississauga skyline....but was anyone ever able to determine if it is 400ft?

why do you say that, Towered? :confused:

I really like the rendering a lot, especially the roof but the colour of the actual building appears much different from the rendering. Please keep us updated with photos Vistaway, it'll be very interesting to see how it looks when complete.

Cheese, kitch, Disney, pure marketing....I shudder whenever I see this building.

I really like the rendering a lot, especially the roof but the colour of the actual building appears much different from the rendering. Please keep us updated with photos Vistaway, it'll be very interesting to see how it looks when complete.

I think the building is fairly close to the rendering: the brick colour is identical, and the stucco and precast is just a few shades lighter (it's not as white as the pics make it look).

Sure, there's a lot of 'fake' gothic design in this building, but I like it. Its a style that's different from what we have in the MCC area - it's well-proportioned, and although it does sit next to what will soon be an urban park, it's neighbours (Chicago to the east and Amacon to the west) will soon rid it of the 'tower in a field' feeling.

yyzer - I can't find any concrete height numbers, but I think this one will be almost exactly 400ft when complete.

Ah, you always know that it is a mississauga thread, when someone posts, "where are the pedestrians?"

The subject of this thread is a construction site....there are no, and should be no pedestrians there yet..the grass in front of the site (the field in the 1st pic) will eventually be a park, but it has not been created yet, hence no pedestrians.

some things never change....

It wouldn't matter where you took the picture - a construction site, the corner of Burnhamthorpe and Hwy 10, Confederation Pkwy - the net result would be the same...no pedestrians.

Back