DSC03338.JPG

DSC03339.JPG

DSC03340.JPG

You will most certainly not be disappointed if and when you see it IRL. I can't think of many projects in the city that have better detailing than this.
... fitting for a court building and well-argued legal cases to come.

Unpopular opinion but I am not the biggest fan. I’ve seen it in person. I’ll check it out again this week in hopes that I feel differently. But it’s just ok, for me.
I find Piano buildings end up shining when in use. There's some beautiful simplicity to the building that works best with the hustle and bustle of daily life and activity. The lobby especially, when it's lit up and feeling a little more open with the yellow accents will be a big addition too.

My hope is that the little details which really make up an RPBW building don’t get lost to Toronto cost cutting. Things like this balcony guard, for example, are exquisite, but costly:

View attachment 334390
That's some oldschool RPBW right there. I feel like most of his recent work has gone a little lighter with glass. Renders would suggest some pretty run-of-the-mill railings however hanging pendant lights GALORE.

Paris Courthouse, Paddington Square (still under construction) and The Shard are probably more accurate representations of current interior fittings.

Back