I'll put my money on a Ford flip flop and that there will be a Science Centre open there - at least if Line 5 opens in the next few years.
At the risk of derailing the thread, I don’t really see it. All the people I know in Doug Ford age bracket said it hasn’t changed in 30 years so might as well tear it down. (totally forgetting continual investment is important??)

Billions of dollars of land were bought up before the green belt announcement at huge interest rates. Those people are gonna want something from Doug

In part of midtown from about 14th Street to 42nd Street. Still doesn't feel particularly intuitive to me, even though I used to spend most of my time there around 26th Street - until Covid.
That's precisely the section that its based off, and its arguably the most important part of Manhattan, making up much of the densest segments of the Island, as well as the major destinations such as Penn Station. Like sure, the B/D go to 8th Avenue, but that's mainly Central Park West, not exactly the star of Manhattan.

A report coming to the next meeting of TEYCC provides Council an update on work plans in regards to the Gerrard Portal of the Ontario Line:

From the above:

1719495697939.png

1719495745381.png

1719495763467.png

Truck routes to the site are described thereafter.

They started the construction of the concrete slurry wall for the Pape Station maintenance building (at Sammon) - going until Spring 2025. 24 hours a day work Monday to Friday and regular hours on Saturday.

https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/...ges/Metrolinx/O_Line_-_Slurry_Wall_Sammon.pdf

Similar construction will begin at Pape Station in a couple of weeks

Great update! One note, the excavation at Sammon Ave is for a track crossover section and likely an access shaft. It’s not exactly maintenance facilities for Pape station.

They started the construction of the concrete slurry wall for the Pape Station maintenance building (at Sammon) - going until Spring 2025. 24 hours a day work Monday to Friday and regular hours on Saturday.

https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/...ges/Metrolinx/O_Line_-_Slurry_Wall_Sammon.pdf

Similar construction will begin at Pape Station in a couple of weeks

One curious thing in that release is the claimed travel time of 40 minutes end to end on the line. That is rather slow, no? That's an average speed of only 23km/h. It's also significantly different than the "less than 30 minutes" on Metrolinx's primary website for the OL:

Any guesses on what the new name of the Science Centre will be? I know the neighbourhood has been coined "Don Mills Crossing" by city planning.
After what happened on the Crosstown, I have no faith this would happen, but my vote would be "Eglinton-Don", renaming Line 4's east terminus to "Don-Sheppard".

We've got Sheppard to Don Mills now. Surely Line 3 will be Ontario Place to Ontario Science Centre! :)
If the Ontario Science Center moves to the same location as Ontario Place, the bar wouldn't be set very high 😅
I was talking about the proposed renaming of any involved stations, not which lines have already been built and which ones are still in the works.

Back