Just a little bump here so everyone knows what I’ve/we’ve been talking about. I don’t think everyone frequents the RTP thread(s) as much as this one by a long shot, so people can see what’s at least conceptually planned for the Ontario Line.

90A89462-D416-419A-AAF4-8FD5126B56F5.jpeg

And zoomed for relevance/clarity:

0BA607B1-3FD8-45F7-9C31-471819839535.jpeg

Ok, UT'ers, time to set some of you to work...........

LOL

Mx has submitted the SPAs for all the downtown Ontario Line Stations. However, its been quite a long time for some of these............and there are no public-facing documents.

Time to rev up the emails/phone calls to Mx and the Planner.

1686162157022.png

1686162203480.png

I hate to pick on a planner (Be nice to her); all of the SPAs for Mx (Ontario Line) are her files.

The comment form for Mx on their website is here:

Or, feel free to touch base with Andrew Hope, Chief Capital Officer - Rapid Transit, Metrolinx:

andrew.hope@metrolinx.com.
Edit to add: Since this post went up, several of you took the time to email/phone the above parties. That has indeed gotten attention, and apparently action. Much appreciated and way to go UT!

Mx has communicated that they have a preferred contact for info about the O/L stations on a go forward basis, and it is not Andrew ( I think he's had his share, LOL) So I have struck-through the above and will add the new contact below:

ontarioline@metrolinx.com or 416-202-5100,

Docs will hopefully be forthcoming shortly.

Last edited:
Yes, there is - the 2051 GGH plan is a doc that came out about a year ago from the MTO/IO (not Metrolinx- the next RTP will tell us how much of this is “real” I suspect). It indicates exactly what your talking about- OL from Science Center to Don Mills, looping West via the 407 and down again to Pearson and then Kipling.
Ah, I'd not realised when they when from the 2018 to 2022 plan that they'd changed the figure title from 2041 to 2051! So only in power for 4 years, and now everything is already 10 years behind schedule! :)

Ok, UT'ers, time to set some of you to work...........

LOL

Mx has submitted the SPAs for all the downtown Ontario Line Stations. However, its been quite a long time for some of these............and there are no public-facing documents.

Time to rev up the emails/phone calls to Mx and the Planner.

View attachment 483605

View attachment 483606

I hate to pick on a planner (Be nice to her); all of the SPAs for Mx (Ontario Line) are her files.

The comment form for Mx on their website is here:

Or, feel free to touch base with Andrew Hope, Chief Capital Officer - Rapid Transit, Metrolinx:

andrew.hope@metrolinx.com.

Sent my emails to both Vanessa (I was nice), as well as Andrew (a little less nice). 😂

Sent my emails to both Vanessa (I was nice), as well as Andrew (a little less nice). 😂

Excellent! Thank you. At least a couple of you have done so now. With any luck that will nudge some public disclosure.

Never mind the Ontario Line, the real question is... what happened to Vanessa.opassinis1?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Usually this indicates someone who left and came back to an org, unless they have a very common name. I knew someone with the username a73li at school. 🤣

Never mind the Ontario Line, the real question is... what happened to Vanessa.opassinis1?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Hah you laugh, but an interviewer once asked me in all seriousness the same question for a job I applied (my email said "2" at the end because I forgot the password for my original).

Usually this indicates someone who left and came back to an org, unless they have a very common name. I knew someone with the username a73li at school. 🤣

Ding ding; points for you!

Which is to say, you have the correct answer.

Then let me add, the old City email address nomenclature was First Initial, Last Name, @toronto.ca; that did result in a lot of a Jsmith1, Jsmith2, Jsmith3 etc. etc. Hence the shift to the current format which has greatly reduced
though not eliminated the issue.

Reactions: T3G
Ah, I'd not realised when they when from the 2018 to 2022 plan that they'd changed the figure title from 2041 to 2051! So only in power for 4 years, and now everything is already 10 years behind schedule! :)
Don’t let Let anyone tell you about The Big Move if you think we’re only 10 years behind schedule…

Although, this doc seems to exist outside of the RTPs. If anyone can confirm, that’d be great, because if this is meant to be the successor to the 2018 RTP, then Metrolinx isn’t the one calling all the shots anymore (not that they ever were)

I updated my original post on Ontario Line station docs above.

I did this because many of you took the time to send emails or make phone calls and this has indeed gotten a response.

Way to go UT!

Another member shared the reply they got, but asked that I share the news.

That member knows who they are, and has my thanks.

Rather than copy/paste I will rephrase.

Metrolinx has formally requested the City of Toronto Planning department to upload all Site Plan Approval documents related to Ontario Line Stations to the AIC for public viewing.

Additionally, Mx offered that they have a preferred contact email/phone should anyone have further questions about the stations or the associated documents, which I am sharing below:

ontarioline@metrolinx.com or 416-202-5100

With any luck the documents will begin to be public in the next few days.

- An SPA was submitted on for the site on the SouthWest corner of the Queen/Spadina intersection (443 Queen W) on 27th April and there are similarly no documents for it so I have e-mailed Ms. Opassinis the second.
- There has also been a permit(s) pulled (according to the AIC system) but there is no sign of it/those in the permit status system for 443 Queen W either.
Is it strange that the city is so behind with updating information for OL line development for both the AIC and permit systems.

There is no sign of an application for the NE corner building at Q/S (380 Q/S) yet.

I updated my original post on Ontario Line station docs above.

I did this because many of you took the time to send emails or make phone calls and this has indeed gotten a response.

Way to go UT!

Another member shared the reply they got, but asked that I share the news.

That member knows who they are, and has my thanks.

Rather than copy/paste I will rephrase.

Metrolinx has formally requested the City of Toronto Planning department to upload all Site Plan Approval documents related to Ontario Line Stations to the AIC for public viewing.

Additionally, Mx offered that they have a preferred contact email/phone should anyone have further questions about the stations or the associated documents, which I am sharing below:

ontarioline@metrolinx.com or 416-202-5100

With any luck the documents will begin to be public in the next few days.

Documents seem to have already been made available for some! Curious to see the layout of Queen station, but nothing seems to be there yet.

Here's just a few isometric diagrams as a preview, along with the application links:

Exhibition

1686658412468-png.484901

King Bathurst

1686599493158.png

Spadina

1686599008913.png

University

1686599680782.png

Moss Park

1686599110015.png

Corktown

1686599170967.png