I was wondering what was happening there - it didn't even occur to me that it would already be for the OL.
My guess is that Ford is pushing this project really hard before the election. There's a lot of visible work going on which seems to be prominently displayed in some spots

It will probably get promoted as much as possible.
Also sink a bunch of costs into the project so it can’t be cancelled or used as campaign promise to cancel. ….. Or less likely too be cancelled but the neighbors will complain and the contractor sues when it does. Does this sound familiar?
I'm only half jokingly surprised the construction sites that are popping up don't have giant banners and signage promoting it

At the Exhibition station the Ossington bus would surely terminate there and perhaps even the Lansdowne bus if that route gets extended south and adding stops upon Jameson and then Springhurst or just hop on the Gardiner.

From today.
IMG_20220310_132620.jpg
IMG_20220310_132914.jpg

Any news on the archaeology?. Allegedly, there’s a good chance of artifacts dating from the American occupation of York from the War of 1812, and their burning down of the wooden parliament building on this site.

Reading Steve Munro's lastest post looking at the Thorncliffe area section of the line.............and turning to the comments, something caught my eye.

One source of controversy has been the proposed placement of the MSF.

While some would have preferred a different location entirely, others would have been content to see the yard sit entirely on Wicksteet, as opposed both sides of the Walmsley Brook ravine.

The argument for the current iteration was the preservation of just over 300 jobs at Tremco and Siltech. They manufacturing jobs on employment lands and the argument was made to save them.
Rather understandable, in a way, seeing as the TRCA literally moved the West Don River a few years ago so the former plant's site wouldn't slide into the valley!

The two companies involved were adamantly opposed to selling/being expropriated and claimed no interest in relocating within Toronto or even Ontario were this done..
(source momentarily)

Now.........it appears said companies (which are related) have sold their land to Blackstone and only signed a short-term lease.....

Hmmmm.

🤨

The source of the info is poster SaveTPARK at Steve Munro's site.

His/her entire post can be found here: https://stevemunro.ca/2022/03/18/on...ouses-part-iv-thorncliffe-park/#comment-67867

The meat of the post:

1648058190712.png

Federal Minister will also be there.

Back