Also no renders of the Moss Park Station? Or did I miss it?

06_Moss_Park_Ext01_2022_0204.jpg

About the rolling stock and operations...

RSSOM will be a DBFOM contract that covers the 15.6-kilometre line for a 30-year term.​
The contract includes:​
  • Rolling Stock: design, supply, operate and maintain the vehicles (trains)
  • Systems: design, build, operate and maintain all track, communications (e.g., network, Wi-Fi, CCTV, passenger information) and train control systems
  • Design, build, operate and maintain the Operations, Maintenance and Storage Facility (where the vehicles are stored); the Operations Control Centre (where staff control train operations and are connected to TTC and GO Transit systems); and the Backup Operations Control Centre
  • Working collaboratively with the TTC in accordance with future operations and maintenance agreements
  • Integrating fare equipment with the PRESTO system

I’m a little disappointed that this announcement is happening on a Sunday afternoon, where it’s likely to be ignored, but…I’ll take it.

Now let’s get a western leg built.
Kinda fitting they start construction on the day of that huge Canada vs Jamaica game at BMO field nearby.

A reminder that the renders have "Transit Orientated Communities not shown" on them - a little disingenuous, perhaps?

Agreed with others - renders look good, but proof will be in the pudding - especially that the consortium that will design the stations has not yet been appointed. Remember, the Crosstown had similar - these are beautiful "design excellence" renders by gh3 for Metrolinx in 2014... Proof of concept, if you will.

A reminder that the renders have "Transit Orientated Communities not shown" on them - a little disingenuous, perhaps?

Agreed with others - renders look good, but proof will be in the pudding - especially that the consortium that will design the stations has not yet been appointed. Remember, the Crosstown had similar - these are beautiful "design excellence" renders by gh3 for Metrolinx in 2014... Proof of concept, if you will.
Colour just isn't allowed apparently.

Given the number of times I’ve seen Sheppard East teased on various provincial transit maps I’m super surprised not to hear of any work being done on that line.

And, renders look good, but…that comparison between the proposed Crosstown stations and what we got make me pretty fearful. (h/t @turini2)

Given the number of times I’ve seen Sheppard East teased on various provincial transit maps I’m super surprised not to hear of any work being done on that line.

And, renders look good, but…that comparison between the proposed Crosstown stations and what we got make me pretty fearful. (h/t @turini2)

If you're meaning construction, or even a public-facing EA, that's awhile off yet.

But there IS work being done on Sheppard East at a very high level.

Back