Torontovibe

Member Bio
Reaction score
your post above this completely contradicts this. You pointed out how much parkland is around Onatioro place and then even said that it's underused which I agree with adding more isn't going to bring people to Ontario Place right now the only thing that large groups of people go to it (under normal conditions) are concerts the amphitheatre Triluim is not a tourist draw and people from all parts of Toronto aren't coming in a park-like that t if they have one near by for example where I am if I want to walk by the lake I'll go to the boardwalk and not Ontario place
I'm not sure what you're saying here. We already have Trillium park as part of Ontario Place, so I wasn't calling for more passive parkland but I will say that the proposed beach will be a nice addition to the public areas. I was calling for more year-round things to do for both Torontonians and tourists. We need more variety than what has been offered so far, which I hope is coming down the line. Hopefully somebody from the government reads this site on occasion and may be swayed by comments seen here. Or at least we can hope!

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I'm not sure what you're saying here. We already have Trillium park as part of Ontario Place, so I wasn't calling for more passive parkland but I will say that the proposed beach will be a nice addition to the public areas. I was calling for more year-round things to do for both Torontonians and tourists. We need more variety than what has been offered so far, which I hope is coming down the line. Hopefully somebody from the government reads this site on occasion and may be swayed by comments seen here. Or at least we can hope!
I highly doubt that anyone from the government is actually reading this.

However I do agree that they do need to announce more things I also hope that the city anounnces something with the exhibition grounds as outside of the enercare centre nothing is used year round.

Kraylin

Member Bio
Reaction score
I tried to read through all those posts but most are irrelevant now considering we no longer have input if we ever did. Wake me up in 10 years when construction starts.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
David Olive over at The Star has a scathing piece on the Ontario Place proposal.

He also asserts that it will never actually happen.

Then goes on to make the case that the OP should be 100% free admission, and should model itself more after Millennium Park in Chicago (which he argues lifted some traits of the original OP).

Article link here:

It is paywalled, but Outline works.

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
David Olive over at The Star has a scathing piece on the Ontario Place proposal.

He also asserts that it will never actually happen.

Then goes on to make the case that the OP should be 100% free admission, and should model itself more after Millennium Park in Chicago (which he argues lifted some traits of the original OP).

Article link here:

It is paywalled, but Outline works.
I think it would see more people visiting if it has something to attract people to it. Plus trying to compare it to millennium park in Chicago is like comparing an apple to an organe one is close to the downtown much like the islands are with Toronto well Ontario place is in the west end and not something easy for people to get to. Having a free park their isn't going to bring people to it and it isn't going to make the province anymore money then they currently get from the ampthaterare.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I think it would see more people visiting if it has something to attract people to it. Plus trying to compare it to millennium park in Chicago is like comparing an apple to an organe one is close to the downtown much like the islands are with Toronto well Ontario place is in the west end and not something easy for people to get to. Having a free park their isn't going to bring people to it and it isn't going to make the province anymore money then they currently get from the ampthaterare.

Did you read the article?

Its possible that was addressed in the article.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I honestly doubt that what he thinks about it is going to have any actual impact on anything his opinion addresses nothing at all.

Plus I can't read it because of the stars stupid pay wall stuff

Respectfully, you (nor I or anyone else) can express a credible opinion about something you have not read.

Also, I actually put in my post how to get around the paywall.

Go to www.outline.com

Place the url of the article in the appropriate spot.

You can now read the article.

Last edited:

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Respectfully, you (nor I or anyone else) can't express a credible opinion about something you have not read.

Also, I actually put in my post how to get around the paywall.

Go to www.outline.com

Place the url of the article in the appropriate spot.

You can now read the article.
I don't care to read his opinion. I don't want to use a website to get around the Stars pay wall. People can have all of the opinions they want but that doesn't mean that what they want or think is going to happen. I joined this topic to find out what is happening to Ontario place not to read posts by people complaing about how it's not what they wanted and they didn't get a say in how it was done or something like that.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't care to read his opinion. I don't want to use a website to get around the Stars pay wall. People can have all of the opinions they want but that doesn't mean that what they want or think is going to happen. I joined this topic to find out what is happening to Ontario place not to read posts by people complaing about how it's not what they wanted and they didn't get a say in how it was done or something like that.

Shrug; then please don't bother replying to my posts. I'm here to contribute and have an exchange of informed ideas.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I don't care to read his opinion. I don't want to use a website to get around the Stars pay wall. People can have all of the opinions they want but that doesn't mean that what they want or think is going to happen. I joined this topic to find out what is happening to Ontario place not to read posts by people complaing about how it's not what they wanted and they didn't get a say in how it was done or something like tha

No offense, but has it occured to you that the forum isn't about *you* in particular?

MoD

concrete_and_light

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

Legitimately do not understand how you have made it to 3,226 posts on this site without realizing that people like to talk about things in threads and give their thoughts on them. Why are you so intent on shutting down peoples thoughts and saying that they don't matter? And anyway, you've found out now what the plans are, so why are you sticking around in the thread and telling people their opinions are pointless and continuing to engage in the discussion yourself? You've got your info, now can you let other people discuss it as they'd like to and stop derailing the thread? Borderline trolling to be honest. Really odd and unkind behaviour towards other forum members and also strange deference to the PC government's lack of engagement and questionable plans.

However I do agree that they do need to announce more things I also hope that the city anounnces something with the exhibition grounds as outside of the enercare centre nothing is used year round.

Why are you expressing your opinion here? It wont be able to change anything and is a waste of time! I'm looking for hard info about plans here not people's opinions! /s

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
No offense, but has it occured to you that the forum isn't about *you* in particular?

MoD
I it's not but it seems like after the anouncments everyone is all butt hurt that what they wanted isn't going to happen so they look for anything that shares their opinion and sat that it's facts because it was published in a newspaper as an opinion peace.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I it's not but it seems like after the anouncments everyone is all butt hurt that what they wanted isn't going to happen so they look for anything that shares their opinion and sat that it's facts because it was published in a newspaper as an opinion peace.

Who said anything about opinions being facts? You didn't bother reading it - and it's been clearly mentioned by the poster that they are assertions by the author of the opinion piece.

I dare say half of what you have posted on UT are personal opinions that doesn't matter an iota (nevermind riddled with spelling mistakes) - should I start Modding them now - by the very own standards that you refused to follow yourself?

MoD

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

MoD
I read his article but I still don't see anything he says as being away to actually get people to come to Ontario place the revolving stage in the old ampthaterare was a novelty sure but today's performers don't always plan their stage shows for one unless they are traveling with a fully customized stage and don't want to put up with something that they don't have anywhere else.