damn if thats true its sold out.

that's assuming that's even real and the demand was for ALL types of units and not just the 4 bachelors going for $400 psf.
developers, marketers and R/E agents always create a "buzz" and "sense of urgency" to buy in projects, the words of urbanation and Hunter Milbourne Real Estate Inc..

otherwise, i heard the average asking price was in the $525-550 psf range, which is lunacy for this location.
resales in the area on dalhousie, shuter, etc are only asking $375-400 psf.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that there are no posts since the night of the meeting and the developer got shot down quite a bit from about 50 people.
And yet I see on their website that they have reduced the floors from 46 down to 36.
Question for Wong-Tam what's up with this Ive never seen the city make changes as quick as this, it's less than a month since the meeting, smells pretty fishy to me!

46 was never, ever never going to happen and they knew it. 36 is too tall as well, but it is a much more reasonable starting position. The 10 storey "podium" should be knocked down, too.

I find it interesting that there are no posts since the night of the meeting and the developer got shot down quite a bit from about 50 people.
And yet I see on their website that they have reduced the floors from 46 down to 36.
Question for Wong-Tam what's up with this Ive never seen the city make changes as quick as this, it's less than a month since the meeting, smells pretty fishy to me!

Where do you see the floor count anywhere on the website? All I can get to is the registration page.

Where do you see the floor count anywhere on the website? All I can get to is the registration page.

interestingly, there was an article in the G&M that stated 40+ stories, as confirmed by the comments section. However, it looks like the article has been updated to reflect the reduction to 35s:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...-condo-affordability-downtown/article1994486/

rslavery

11:12 AM on April 24, 2011

So much for the Jarvis St beautification project! Let's build a wall 47 stories high with no architectural interest that butts right up to the corner of a major intersection. I pity emergency vehicle drivers in this city. It's simply poor planning to stack as many units as possible on top of each other on the smallest footprint available. There's no evident benefit to the community in east downtown. This looks like a greedy developers attempt to take advantage of the Ryerson student community by offering tiny units for rock-bottom prices; excellent for speculators, I'll take 5! If the City insists on 'tall buildings' in the downtown, there are 10 better locations for this monstrosity than squeezing this project into a corner that's low hanging fruit.

I may be jumping the gun but go to this link http://www.jollydeol.com/2011/03/24...ndas-jarvis/?gclid=CL6apaDg46gCFU5qKgoda2i_Gw

then click on "Price List & Deposits" on left side of page, they ar only showing pricing up to 35.

that's because developers usually hold back higher floors.

even the description by the salesman/real estate agent confirms it's 46s:

Pace Condominiums Buy Now at Dundas & Jarvis

Pace Condominiums a new condominium development by Great Gulf Homes, located at 155 Dundas Street East, close to Dundas Square/Eaton Centre. Pace condos will be a 46 storey tower with a 10 storey podium. Pace condos will have approx 417 suites, consisting of studio, 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom plus den, 2 bedroom and 2 bedroom plus den. Great Gulf Homes is the developer for highly Successful projects such as ( 1Bloor, X Condos, X2 Condos, Charlie Condos).

Last edited:
Well it will be interesting to see where this project goes because they did take a lot of heat at the city meeting and the local residents/neighbours.

Back