Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is supposedly the final tower to be built on the former Michael Power high school lands in central Etobicoke as part of the massive Port Royal Place development. At 31 floors it'll be the third tallest building in the area.

Jun29-09080.jpg

Port Royal Place

as maestro noted ... Palais is the second last tower (phase 7) in Pemberton's Port Royal Place development ... Palais will share a lobby and recreation centre with the final phase 8 tower (not released yet)

Palais (phase 7) is currently under construction as seen in Towered's photos above ... Promenade (now built) is located at where the crane is in the below (outdated) aerial photo

This gives an aerial overview of the Port Royal Place development, with the first 5 phases on the northern 2/3 of the site ... phases 6+7+8 will be constructed on the remaining southern portion of the site closer to Bloor

PortRoyal_aerial.jpg

Last edited:
Renderings

not particularly impressed by Pemberton's work here, but for what its worth, at least it adds density to the neighbourhood ...

so Burka Architects is apparently behind all the Port Royal Place phases ~

Promenade @ Port Royal Place (phase 6)
Promenade.jpg

Palais @ Port Royal Place (phase 7)
Palais.jpg

Frankly, I think the first 5 towers/phases were better looking with the two-tone brick + accent precast exteriors, rather than the ugly looking cladding being used in Promenade+Palais (presumably also in phase 8) :(

1110242098-michaelpower.jpg
media_62da5a6d47be0029801ba74a17e47e1a.jpg

media_46d045ff5190f6ea93739da6c0aa19bc.jpg

media_2e2079d63348233d91cad1fa9b1361e9.jpg

as maestro noted ... Palais is the second last tower (phase 7) in Pemberton's Port Royal Place development ... Palais will share a lobby and recreation centre with the final phase 8 tower (not released yet)

Promenade (phase 6) is currently under construction as seen in Towered's photos above, located at where the crane is in the below aerial photo

This gives an aerial overview of the Port Royal Place development, with the first 5 phases on the northern half of the site ... phases 6+7+8 will be constructed on the south half of the site closer to Bloor

PortRoyal_aerial.jpg

That's an old photo--Phase VI (Promenade) has already been completed and opened last December and it's Phase VII that's just breaking ground right now as seen in the first photo.

thanks for the info Brian69 ... I got confused between phase 6+7 ~

Hopefully Palais 2 (my guess of the project's name) - phase 8 will be launched soon and this Port Royal Place masterplan development will be finally finished

Not the right thread I know, but that slip of land on the left, west of the townhouses is the future home of Evolution Condos.

These look a lot like the condos at Erin Mills Town Centren now that I think about it. I think those are Pemberton as well.

indeed the 3 Parkway Place towers north of Erin Mills Town Centre was also built by Pemberton ... I think those turned out quite decent as well, but it is slightly more 'modern' with structures that are predominantly glass

The first two pictures are not Palais construction, but rather of the next two phases of the nearby Concert property at the north-east corner of Bloor and Dunbloor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work has started in earnest on the last 2 phases of this development, this was taken on August 31st as they are laying the sewer line (I guess?)

20090831004.jpg

And a similar shot on September 4th.

20090904003.jpg

Back