New lighting installed:

IMG_4695.jpg

They really need to widen the sidewalks of Avenue Road, From Bloor all the way up to St. Claire. The pedestrian experience over there is abysmal.
With this renovation, it would be great to allow for a driveway, benches and greenery in front of the Hyatt and across the street along the Church.
There is a pilot project by the city to do so, but so far the plans are for the stretch north of Dupont.

They really need to widen the sidewalks of Avenue Road, From Bloor all the way up to St. Claire. The pedestrian experience over there is abysmal.
With this renovation, it would be great to allow for a driveway, benches and greenery in front of the Hyatt and across the street along the Church.
There is a pilot project by the city to do so, but so far the plans are for the stretch north of Dupont.
There needs to be bike lanes as well.

There needs to be bike lanes as well.

IIRC Council passed a motion to extend the University ActiveTO lanes north to at least Davenport once some construction wraps between Bloor and Davenport. And then a safety coalition of RAs has also been working with Layton and Matlow on some sort of lane reduction between St. Clair and Davenport, but I'm not sure where that stands and I gather Transportation has been (sadly but totally unsurprisingly) quite obstinate.

It's hard to tell in the photo - but the colonnade is substantially widened in this new development, so the "private" sidewalk is actually expanded by a few feet under the tower. Interestingly enough, the actual public sidewalk was narrowed by the City, itself, when they widened Avenue Road!

I always forget that the Park Hyatt is located in one of the city's most busiest corners. I'm so unimpressed with the renovations, the facade is still so bland - it looks like a hospital from certain angles. And more of that stupid glass box design that you seem to see on every refurbished building.

I always forget that the Park Hyatt is located in one of the city's most busiest corners. I'm so unimpressed with the renovations, the facade is still so bland - it looks like a hospital from certain angles. And more of that stupid glass box design that you seem to see on every refurbished building.

It's great seeing the city re-worked, re-imagined, and re-designed block by block from one end to the other but frustrating that they can't build it right the first time. Half of what's going up in this city will eventually have to be re-done because it's nowhere near good enough. Are we building a global metropolis or a giant Oshawa?

Back