News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Well written review @Admiral Beez. New York is a perfect sector to try out something like Flair since if things go to hell, you've got options to complete the trip in an easier fashion compared to a trip to Winnipeg or points west.

The 707 was the one first generation jet I never got to fly on and I only knew the DC8s, 727-100s, and Tristars at Worldways. Their operation in the summer of 1990 right before they failed was pure insanity.

Thanks. But it now looks like TripAdvisor deleted my review. I wonder if I said too much.
Most likely they remove it as it affect their bottom line since they get a kickback from X. I am dealing with them now on a legal matter regarding illegally using my photos promoting various places in Europe as well business and they taking a hard line about removing them from their site.

• Wow
Reactions: PL1
Thanks. But it now looks like TripAdvisor deleted my review. I wonder if I said too much.

I have had a lot of reviews on that site deleted by TripAdvisor. My guess is the hotels and restaurants use fake accounts and flag every negative post triggering the their automatic system that deletes the review. I don't waste my time with that place anymore.

Reactions: PL1
I would ask for reasoning forwhy they would delete a high effort, balanced review like that.
I received an email that my review was deleted because I included a link to https://www.flightera.net/en/flight/Flair+Airlines-Toronto-New+York/F8114 along with a request to repost the review without any links.

The above website is a great way to see if an airline is frequently late or canceling on a particular route. I used this website to reassure myself that Flair to JFK was okay, notwithstanding the negative reviews on TripAdvisor.

I received an email that my review was deleted because I included a link to https://www.flightera.net/en/flight/Flair+Airlines-Toronto-New+York/F8114 along with a request to repost the review without any links.

The above website is a great way to see if an airline is frequently late or canceling on a particular route. I used this website to reassure myself that Flair to JFK was okay, notwithstanding the negative reviews on TripAdvisor.

I didn't see your review. How was Flair?

There's a guy standing out in the cold and wind this morning (Sunday Feb. 26) live streaming arrivals on runway 24L.
You can see what' s on the way on a flight radar website like FlightRadar24, PlaneFinder.net, or RadarBox.com.
He showed a PIA (Pakistan International Airlines) Boeing 777 landing, an airline I think is still banned from some parts of the world.
BTW, in addition to the their new Embraer E195-E2 jets, Porter turboprop planes also use Pearson (while continuing to use the island airport).

Last edited:
01-toronto-pearson-international-airport-terminal-1-redevelopment-expansion-programme-2000px_...jpeg

Was doing a search for the old Master Plan of Pearson to find the pier layout and came across this new to me rendering, from Gensler, a global architecture firm.

Not sure what is being shared here, a project they were hired for or something proposed, but I haven't seen this layout for terminals before.

Caption: Toronto Pearson International Airport Terminal 1 Redevelopment & Expansion Programme, Mississauga, Canada

Source: https://www.gensler.com/design-forecast-2022-aviation?q=pearson

Edit: NM, this is a rendering from the 2019 proposal for Pier G! Source.

A new addition to Pearson's airline services is Arajet. Here's the press release:

Arajet.jpg
Arajet open sales of its Toronto – Santo Domingo route from USD179
Santo Domingo, July 10, 2023 – Arajet, the low-price airline of the Caribbean, announced that tickets for its new Toronto (YYZ) - Santo Domingo (SDQ) route are available on promotion from today until July 12 from USD179 each way (taxes and fees included). The new route will operate from October 24th.​
“Our new flight from Pearson International to Las Américas International in Santo Domingo will allow our Dominican diaspora to come home with the best possible fares but will also enable more Canadians traveling for tourism or business, to visit our island and continue increasing the exchange between our two countries. The Arajet effect will continue benefiting passengers across the Americas, and our Canadians friends won’t be the exception” assured Víctor Pacheco Méndez, CEO and founder of Arajet.​
The new Toronto – Santo Domingo route offers four weekly frequencies on Tuesdays Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and will also connect Toronto with other destinations in South, Central America and the Caribbean that will be communicated soon.​
Arajet is turning the Dominican Republic into the new low-price hub of the continent, offering direct flights from Santo Domingo to Mexico City, Cancun, San José, Guatemala, San Salvador, Bogotá, Medellín, Barranquilla, Quito, Guayaquil, Lima, Sao Paulo, Aruba, Curaçao, Saint Martin, Kingston and 44 connections with the lowest fares and on new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft that save 14% more fuel than single-aisle aircraft available in the regional market, and reduce the cost by 40%. noise pollution.​
Flights on the new route Toronto (YYZ) – Santo Domingo (SDQ) are available on promotion only at www.arajet.com
***​
About Arajet
Arajet is the first low-fare airline in the Caribbean region and started operations in September 2022 from its base at Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo, under its airline operator certificate (AOC) from the Dominican Republic. Arajet operates a new fleet of Boeing 737MAX-8 aircraft that provide safe and affordable travel to and from the Dominican Republic to several destinations in North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.Arajet.com.​

A new addition to Pearson's airline services is Arajet. Here's the press release:

Arajet open sales of its Toronto – Santo Domingo route from USD179
Santo Domingo, July 10, 2023 – Arajet, the low-price airline of the Caribbean, announced that tickets for its new Toronto (YYZ) - Santo Domingo (SDQ) route are available on promotion from today until July 12 from USD179 each way (taxes and fees included). The new route will operate from October 24th.​
“Our new flight from Pearson International to Las Américas International in Santo Domingo will allow our Dominican diaspora to come home with the best possible fares but will also enable more Canadians traveling for tourism or business, to visit our island and continue increasing the exchange between our two countries. The Arajet effect will continue benefiting passengers across the Americas, and our Canadians friends won’t be the exception” assured Víctor Pacheco Méndez, CEO and founder of Arajet.​
The new Toronto – Santo Domingo route offers four weekly frequencies on Tuesdays Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and will also connect Toronto with other destinations in South, Central America and the Caribbean that will be communicated soon.​
Arajet is turning the Dominican Republic into the new low-price hub of the continent, offering direct flights from Santo Domingo to Mexico City, Cancun, San José, Guatemala, San Salvador, Bogotá, Medellín, Barranquilla, Quito, Guayaquil, Lima, Sao Paulo, Aruba, Curaçao, Saint Martin, Kingston and 44 connections with the lowest fares and on new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft that save 14% more fuel than single-aisle aircraft available in the regional market, and reduce the cost by 40%. noise pollution.​
Flights on the new route Toronto (YYZ) – Santo Domingo (SDQ) are available on promotion only at www.arajet.com
***​
About Arajet
Arajet is the first low-fare airline in the Caribbean region and started operations in September 2022 from its base at Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo, under its airline operator certificate (AOC) from the Dominican Republic. Arajet operates a new fleet of Boeing 737MAX-8 aircraft that provide safe and affordable travel to and from the Dominican Republic to several destinations in North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.Arajet.com.​

This has virtually no chance of succeeding long term but it sure is a long way from when Dominicana used to occasionally run their badly beaten up 727s on a wing and prayer into YYZ.

See that Pearson will be opening Ontario's first hydrogen refueling station. That's great news as many airport/port are investing in hydrogen infrastructure for current needs where electric vehicles are either not available or are not practical. The best thing is that this will be a public station meaning anyone for any transportation purpose can use it.

Back