Did they announce yet what the grocery will be at the building? Any idea what will happen to Mike's Independent City Market when the new grocery store launches?

Architecture aside I am happy with the retail situation in this development. Five smaller units and activation in the pedestrian walkway is always welcome to me, and a larger second floor anchor (grocery store!) will be solid additions to the neighbourhood.

From the CBRE brochure:
1661267375079.png

Side note - let me dream about a healthy mix here before someone corrects me that this will be 4 A&Ws, a nail salon, and a 27k square foot dental office.

IIRC Sobeys had the lease here, no? I imagine it will be one of their brands then. I would normally say Farm Boy, but they already have a location at Bathurst and Front, so perhaps a Sobeys. I would personally hope for FreshCo as the area desperately needs a discount grocer, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I assume you meant to say "glass". In any case It certainly looks identical to the spandrel above the podium.
😳 it ISN'T protective film?! That's so tragic. I can forgive the shoddy precast (just barely..) but the spandrel coupled with it is such a goddamn eyesore

They pay for the corner site and increase density for their project, integrating the restored heritage house in the podium.

Last edited:

Back