...it's a fascinating look at a bygone world where people never go anywhere without their cars, for sure.

...it's a fascinating look at a bygone world where people never go anywhere without their cars, for sure.
Looking at a map, it is within what could be walking distance ("as the crow flies") of the Ajax GO station. The problem is of course there is no such walking route, and also no shuttle bus or good public transit route for getting there. I went there once last year on my own and had to use local Durham Transit Route 917 bus and walk there from Bayly Street. There is a dirt pathway along the east side of Church Street, but there is no lighting and it's very dark and deserted at night, and I'm guessing I may have been the only person to ever do this.
I'd say it might be a good idea to urge them to consider having some way to encourage non-drivers to get there, but I think at best the suggestion would be ignored, if not provoking some subtly hostile reaction towards the preposterous notion of people using something other than private vehicles. 🤣

Last edited:

Back