It is owned by Waterfront Toronto (or maybe the City). A park is certainly planned, but not (I think) designed. There is talk of something 'iconic'.....

WT could redevelop the parking lot into a park tomorrow, but my understanding is that it's waiting on three things:
  1. Finalization of the QQE LRT plan (parking lot might be used as a temporary turnaround for streetcars)
  2. Redevelopment of the Yonge St Slip (which is interconnected with the above)
  3. Funding (which is interconnected with the above two, as it won't be funded until the above two are figured out)

Ahem..............

This one is no longer dormant.

New Arch. Plans submitted February '24.

No new renderings.

No change in heights.

Its clearly a partial resubmission, and says as much in the Cover Letter; this one appears to mostly be about assuaging Redpath Sugar.

The Cover Letter notes that Redpath is expected to submit comments and further dialogue w/City staff is also expected.

I will post the updated building stats:

1711982137595.png

1711982170162.png

Current Ground Floor Plan:

1711982261499.png

I will flag @Paclo for any database or technical updates.

And @HousingNowTO to comment on whether the Low-End-of-Market housing secured under an s.37 agreement here might be better with fewer, but more affordable units?

Old AIC link still works, but I'll post it here for convenience:

I no longer like this... so I've given notice to a-A and I am replacing them with BDPQ, who will work with terracotta tones for the final material palette.

The foot of Yonge Street sorely needs a splash of colour which will book-end the stunning terracotta of Aqualuna to the east.

I'm thinking a shorter version of 510 Yonge with its terracotta tones, instead of this below.

44875-132636.jpg

Did I mention terracotta?

Back