i wonder what is gonna happen on other phases... does anyone one know?
what's happening with the KIP district, they haven't started phase 2 sales.

i wonder what is gonna happen on other phases... does anyone one know?
what's happening with the KIP district, they haven't started phase 2 sales.

Phase 2 already sold out to 19th floor. They are trying to get approval to 24 floors. So extra 5. The other tower in phase two is a rental one.

DJI_0804.JPG
DJI_0803.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0804.JPG
    DJI_0804.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 1,165
  • DJI_0803.JPG
    DJI_0803.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 1,149
I also can't imagine those spaces being used for anything but dog walkers.

But what an impressive project for central Etobicoke!

Looks like this section of Dundas is going to remain nothing but a car-centric/non-pedestrian friendly deadzone. Thanks to the previous councilor (DiCiano) for ensuring this kind of non-sense gets passed through without a hitch. The parkland should be located at the back-end of this site, not fronting a very busy Dundas Street.

I'm not holding out any hope for any kind of inspiring "Etobicoke City Centre" at this point.

So it that it? Is this a done deal? Because it's clearly wrong. The park should be in the back. The new perpendicular road can lead directly to it. The road frontage needs to be retail if there's any hope of making this into a walkable community.

Really disappointed that they cut it down to look more generic. I really liked those towers that they had designed before. But, I guess when they will most likely sell out regardless of how they look, there's no point in trying to make something fancy.

Unfortunately it looks pretty cookie-cutter in its execution. The previous iteration at least showed more imagination and flair.

Yawn. Could it be anymore cookie cutter? The east side and west side mirror one another ... awesome!

A case could be made that the park has too much frontage and that it probably will be to the standard of a forecourt for the condo development. I still don't understand the rationale of putting the park at the lower quality rear of the property hidden away from the main street. Public space (assuming the park is publicly owned) should be valued more than private space. There's no evidence corporate retail is more vibrant than quality, community parks. Trinity Bellwoods or Kew Gardens interrupt continuous retail strips on Queen Street and it's not the end of the world. This stuff drives me crazy but, I'm going to be hypocritical anyways. It's such a Toronto thing that a park supplanting the potential of street retail is seen with such disappointment.

Last edited:

Back